Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sNews 2.0 Pandora's box  (Read 5780 times)

TheTick

Re: sNews 2.0 Pandora's box
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 06:12:10 PM »

Fred said what I was about to write.  For those who haven't looked at GetSimple yet, I urge you to do so to see how they handle the page theme/components (the equivalent of Extras). That is what I am talking about. That's a part of that script that I really love, along with a couple other small attention to details as well.

Overall though I prefer sNews though head to head.

nukpana

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »

Tick, I've been checking out get-simple, it's a pretty cool little project going on.  I like it alot.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 10:24:34 PM »

Tick, I've been checking out get-simple, it's a pretty cool little project going on.  I like it alot.

It does look pretty cool... I am about to install it now and give it a run.
It seems heavily reliant on javascript (1.26MB worth in the template directory) though no getting around it I suppose.
Using XML flat-files for data (no database) does limit it to small site applications.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

TheTick

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »

It is a neat small system, well thought out. I was pointing it out because I thought it's ability and technique of doing multiple layouts was rather simple and elegant.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »

It is a neat small system, well thought out. I was pointing it out because I thought it's ability and technique of doing multiple layouts was rather simple and elegant.

Hmm... yes, it is a well thought-out "Simple" CMS. Perhaps we can learn from it.  8)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU
Pages: 1 [2]