Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PDF upload problem  (Read 2368 times)

Simple

• Simple webDesign
PDF upload problem
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »

I have an old client which is still using sNews 1.6, and from the admin side, he's uploading docs and PDF's. All fine, except that, the uploaded pdf files are kinda broken. I mean the text is fine, but the images from the pdf are like....incomplete or looks damaged (this is just for images). On my computer the pdf's are ok, but after uploading them, they're not.

Does anybody knows why?

Thank you.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: PDF upload problem
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »

I've never experienced this problem. It shouldn't have anything to do with sNews 1.6.

Click on any of the PDF links in the second article on This sNews 1.6 Home Page and see how they look... they look fine to me using IE7 on an XP Pro machine.

Is there a chance the client's problem PDF files are larger than the server's max upload size?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Simple

• Simple webDesign
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »

I was thinking too as a server problem, but still, it's hard for me to understand how, but that's because i'm not an expert. The sad part is that for sure, the hoster won't admit to this, but I'll give it a try. As for the upload limit, there isn't one, or at least, i'm sure that the files doesn't reach that limit.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »

Maybe... just a maybe... it has something to do with the application the client is viewing the PDF files with. There should not be a problem if he's using the most recent version of Acrobat Reader.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU