Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: sNews1.4 TXT db - The vanishing articles trick!!!  (Read 4131 times)

tim0fee

sNews1.4 TXT db - The vanishing articles trick!!!
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:41:46 AM »

I moved this post here because I don't think anyone was reading it - or maybe they were blanking me :-(  hehe...

I still have the same problem with vanishing articles and I am using the most up-to date version of sNews 1.4 with TXT db - I have been asking dobey whether he knows what the problem is but he isn't sure. Would anyone possibly have any ideas ?

Also if I edit in 'simple' mode without 'future posting' enabled it seems to work ok - until you try to post to either 'Left' or 'Right' whereupon the vanishing article trick happens again! lol

Luka, bryn, Patric - can anyone help me ?? I'm goin nuts!! Waaaahhhhhh! lol

best to the best CMS team,

tim0fee

Mac/Safari/Firefox/Linux

Rod

• http://www.rjs-custom.com
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »

Tim

I sent you a PM, check it out, may have the fix.
Whatever went wrong, I am pretty sure I didn't do it!  Well atleast I think I didn't do it...

George Antoniadis

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 12:55:37 AM »

It's not the same thing to debug somethig you have an idea what is doing and looking at something have have absolutelly NO idea how or why is works... :/

testing this out need a lot of free time, installing, configuring, making a sample database and then reading the code.
since most likely this is NOT a problem with snews the person who tries to find the solutioni will have to spend a lot of time to read througth the code for txtdb and find the incompatibilities it might have with snews. :/

This is why you didn't get a reply! :P
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.

tim0fee

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 05:28:13 PM »

Yeh I know - I'm sorry - I didn't mean to hassle you guys. :-(

Dobey is very kindly looking into the problem now! :-)

peace u guys,

tim0fee

Rod

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 05:43:33 PM »

ok, may have the fix, just doing some more tests to make sure it works.

Hey, Analyzerx.  No need to be so harsh when commenting to some posts.  Since it says you are a Coffee Junkie, maybe try switching to decaf, :)

As for not being sNews related, DUH!  tim0fee was just asking if anybody else may now of a fix.  Maybe make a category just for the sNews-txtdb version and move all related posts there as to not disturb any MySQL-ONLY people.

If I sound a bit uptight I am, I hate when people rely with none helpful comments, seems to clutter the forum posts with useless text.

So if a Moderator could kindly make a category for snews-txtdb, and move all posts there, then hopefully unneeded posted comments will not have to appear in it and save some headaches for others really looking for help with the flatfile version.

If I pissed anyone off, well...

S-O-R-R-Y-!-!-!

cheers
Whatever went wrong, I am pretty sure I didn't do it!  Well atleast I think I didn't do it...

Rod

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »

alMubarmij

Re: sNews1.4 TXT db - The vanishing articles trick!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

Where is the download link ?