Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Future Features  (Read 10858 times)

centered

Re: Future Features
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »

@ Sasha - Threaded comments too!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 02:52:57 PM »

@ Sasha - Threaded comments too!

That would be a nice feature.

Seeing that Sasha has brought styling matters to the conversation... I thought I'd share the admin template I am using for sites running on my "pages-only" version of sNews 1.6. When I do each new site, I change the header & pipe-style border images to personalize it for the domain owner... and change the color scheme (css) accordingly to match each site's template color scheme. So far, I've chosen to keep the Main Admin Panel's links (to other panels) in text-link form... but I also have a panel in the works using icon-images for links (with the text under in a small font) for a more visual UI.

The Login Panel... also uses the Admin Template:

And the Main Admin Panel:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:58:14 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 06:26:05 PM »

I agree with mr.Keyrocks and equilni about comments,also i think e-mail need to stand alone too.So for example user can use email form at any page he wish and also style for form can be done in css so color of email form can be changed easy..Snews size is not mater any more.Internet is full of small cms and we need to move snews globaly for our users.Thanks god we moving something :)..
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

centered

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »

@ sasha, I am pretty sure you can move the contact form out of the page and put it on an extra to show up on any page you want (with a little modding of course)

But yes these "modules" or "features" should be moveable and easy to do so.

poppoll

• Poppoll's sNews playground
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »

I would want to have mine in an overlay (like lightbox for example) rather than being transported to a new page. But that's me.
I agree that the login can be arranged in a cleaner, better way.
This can be done right now.
Have a look at my playground.
Click show footer and then login..
And if you are already loged in you get this:

PP

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »

I would want to have mine in an overlay (like lightbox for example) rather than being transported to a new page. But that's me.
I agree that the login can be arranged in a cleaner, better way.
This can be done right now.
Have a look at my playground.

PP

Yes, of course, you can modify it in many ways. I have a modified version with an AJAX login form as well. I also have a number of modified versions with separate front pages and specially layouted admin areas, and I expect I'm not the only one. What I meant was that I'd prefer an overlay version to another full login page. That's all.

Speaking of, putting the contact form on just about any page you like isn't hard to do either, all it takes is a little modding... ;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:52:04 AM by Fred K (agentsmith) »

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

What happened? did we going to move snews on different direction or we going to stick with 1.7?
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »

What happened? did we going to move snews on different direction or we going to stick with 1.7?

Joost and Equilni are likely more 'qualified' than I to speak on the direction of sNews these days... but it appears to me that work on improving some 1.7 functions continues... towards (eventually) putting together an improved 1.8 version. There is (as far as I know) no target date for when a 1.8 version might be released.

As far as what 2.0 might look like... we were waiting for Luka to come forward with the first 'working core' but Luka has not been able to apply time to the 2.0 project over the past several months... so we could say that it's not in progress at this point.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joost

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 04:53:30 AM »

Beginning this year, Luka decided to take control and announced he would present a prototype that should be the foundation for the next sNews generation. So the ball is in Luka's court: Working on something I haven't seen, is pointless. That means that in effect I am focussing on my personal project(s). If/when Luka comes forward with something, I'll look into that and decide whether or not I will contribute.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »

That something is, in fact and according to Luka, already made, although not "presentable" to the dudes/dev team just yet due to embarrasing (my own choice of word) bugs needed to be erased before presenting it...

A month or so ago, the word was that this work was having directed resources and that we would be able to see something within... a while. Given Luka's earlier health problems, this might have been delayed a tad. But that's it, I don't think anyone knows anything else, besides Luka himself, so... I guess we'll have to wait just a little bit more..
My sNews site
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated, online again - Free designs

centered

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »

Well, if you haven't noticed, there is alot of buzz in the "Improve a function a week thread"... so obviously there are things brewing, but it is sometime till a release is noted.  You can help too.  You noted you were working on admin and login mock ups last month, and nothing has been published as of yet.

As far as sticking with 1.7, you can do what you would like (not noting it in a bad way, don't take as such). A un/planned 1.8 version is in reach, but no date as to when fruition can happen. Testing is needed on the Improve a function thread, so that can be a help (almost all of the un/planned 1.8 will be coming from that thread. This is a public contribution - you can participate in this as well).

For 2.0... I am not holding my breath.  The plan was made almost a year ago, and as mentioned Luka decided to make good on his plan - which means not making it a team effort to help out with the initial stage. If I recall, he was to email it to Doug to review... about 2 months ago.... I haven't seen or heard anything since.

I must state for the record, Solucija.com and sNewscms.com have been redesigned within the past week.  ??? ??? ???

So the other options if you want...
1. Help out with a publicly contributed 1.8
2. Wait for Luka and 2.0.
3. Like the "Improve a function thread.." Start a new thread, solely for a code base for our own 2.0, so we can make it and have Luka "bless" it.
4. Don't like the blessing part of #3? Someone suggested to fork.      

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »

Is snewscms.com redesign ? I barely notice any changes...
My sNews site
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated, online again - Free designs

nukpana

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »

Just the front page, Sasha noted it in a thread: http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=8859.msg62708#msg62708

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »

Just the front page, Sasha noted it in a thread: http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=8859.msg62708#msg62708

Thanks for the reminde...  ;D I hadn't notice the changes... I seldom view that page (always use the link to Forums directly).
Changes seems limited to minor restyling with addition of a link-box to solucija.com... to get some more traffic over there.

As Jason noted... and Patric is also aware of... Luka did say he'd send me a copy of his 2.0 core project a couple of months back but noted, shortly after, that he had a few bugs to work out before sending it... but I hven't heard a peep from Luka since then (a couple of months ago now).

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2009, 06:44:59 PM »

at this moment  m too busy with my job so i m very limited with free time.soon i m going to post picture about admin section.i think also comments need to be worked out too.i have some plan but if Luka jump in we may start total new direction with snews.If not then we need to work something else.We need to move this on our own with Luka or without.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4