Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Congratulations for sNews 1.7 release  (Read 25182 times)

mosh

• Dev Invitee
  • Awesome day :)
Congratulations for sNews 1.7 release
« on: October 31, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »

Thank you all dudes who have created this wonderful CMS,
Congratulations for sNews 1.7 release  :o ;D 8)

philmoz

• High flyer
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • fiddle 'n fly
Re: Congratulations for sNews 1.7 release
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:45:32 PM »

It turned into a slow and painful birth ;)
Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:40:59 PM »

It turned into a slow and painful birth ;)

I thought for a bit that it might need a Cesarian birth to come thru alive... Congrats to Phil and his trusty Dudes.  ;D
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »

Congrats for all of you who work with 1.7  :) and now is my opinion........

1.6 or 1.7 all is for me same only little code revriting and adjust data base.If snews go on this direction i m going to change cms.I cant found any i mean any good design web site with snews.What that say?Say a lot about snews and how many people liked our cms.This cms need some serious changes or soon nobady going to use expect only dudes who work with.

Like i said before i know how hard is working on code to make 1.7 and i do not want to ofend any of you with this comment..One more time congrat for this news release but i m staying withm my 1.6 and if snews stay like this i m gone...
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 10:11:04 PM »

Congratulations for this new release!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:34:12 AM »

If snews go on this direction i m going to change cms. I cant found any good design web site with snews.What that say? Say a lot about snews and how many people liked our cms.This cms need some serious changes or soon nobady going to use except only dudes who work with (it).

Like i said before i know how hard is working on code to make 1.7 and i do not want to offend any of you with this comment. One more time congrat for this news release but i m staying withm my 1.6 and if snews stay like this i m gone...

Thanks for making the effort to express your feelings without being offensive... like using a lot of swear-words... Sasha. You are respected for your comments.

You are under no pressure to switch to 1.7... no one will ever say you need to do that. You can continue to use 1.6 as long as you want. And you should try out other CMS projects too if you have the time. I think I have a dozen or so other CMSs on my local machine these days. Between you and me though... I still like working with sNews 1.6 the best... and I'll keep on using it... because I am just getting reasonably good at making it do what I want it to do. I've built quite a few sNews powered sites online for clients... and someday I might even build a few for myself too... when I have a purpose for them.

No one really "owns" sNews. Luka has moved on and given sNews to the open community. Those of us who remain active on these Forums are free to do what we want with it. None of the Dudes have any desire to make sNews take the world by storm... or compete with any other CMS for market share. We don't care if only a few hundred people use it. Personally... I don't care if only 5 people visit here every day. That isn't our interest.

We should be thankful for all of the hard work that Joost, Bakercad, Philmoz, Equilni and Rui Mendes have put into making 1.7 a reality. They are not programmers by trade... all the Dudes are self-learning as they go along. It was a big challenge. They are not going to get famous for it and they never wanted to anyway. They just gave of themselves to make it a reality. The result shows what can be done when a few people choose to work together on a common goal.

The results? sNews 1.7 essentially does what 1.6 always did... but it runs much faster and makes more efficient use of its code. Nothing more. It's yours to try out... or not. And sNews 1.6 is also yours to keep on using as long as you wish.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

poppoll

• Poppoll's sNews playground
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 02:04:37 AM »

Congratulations for sNews 1.7
Have to port some templates I think  :D
Poppoll
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:23:05 PM by poppoll »

centered

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

First, a big applause to Joost, Rui, Philmoz, Baker, Keys, the rest of the sNews team and all the testers and translators for helping make 1.7 possible.  A good majority of that goes to Joost, with the speeding up of the script and continual effort to improve sNews.  So a pint or three from everyone to you, thanks!

This cms need some serious changes or soon nobady going to use except only dudes who work with (it).

Sasha, I think some of the team members may take a rest from 1.7 for a little brief period of time. Well at least I would. To be honest, there is discussion and debate on the next version and alot of that will drastically change the script as we currently know it. I am staying tuned in, it may get more interesting.

None of the Dudes have any desire to make sNews take the world by storm... or compete with any other CMS for market share. We don't care if only a few hundred people use it. Personally... I don't care if only 5 people visit here every day. That isn't our interest.
To be honest again, I wouldn't mind if sNews would take the world by storm.  I am not debating you by the least, but why then do continue developing?  I think alot of people want something with a smaller footprint with the features that they can use.  I think that is why they come to visit sNews and use it.   

I care if only 5 people use it because we, as the sNews team members, are then neglecting the needs of the users and developers at that point.

They are not going to get famous for it and they never wanted to anyway.
Speak for yourself, I wouldn't mind seeing Luka be bigger than Photo Mattphotomatt.net

Storkk

• صور مضحكة
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 02:42:13 AM »

Congratulations for sNews 1.7   ;D

>>>
snews Mods   work whit  1.7 ??
what abouts  sNewsMU 1.7    ???
 ;D ;D
Super >Junior> HTML/CSS      www.batooz.com صور مضحكة

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 03:05:37 AM »

... I wouldn't mind seeing Luka be bigger than Photo Mattphotomatt.net

That man is start speaking with this:
 "I am the founding developer of....."

Anyway, i like what did both of them :P

P.S. Your link is deprecated.

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 03:18:41 AM »

Hey keyrocks i m not that bad guy i m just young guy who want to see better snews and easy to use.I like your idea about plugins.I read about that in your post and i liked it....I m not saying 1.7 is bad i just try to say snews with plugins is way better cms....I hope my comments one day going to help you to develope something like this  :)....Also if you visit Solucija web site you see Luka made new template but on this forum he not post any comments for long time.How i criticizing you guys i m criticizing him too to not be active for long time.This is his project his idea and he need to say something once in a while.Nobody expect him to be here every day.We all have family some guys here have kids but people keep founding free time to visit this forum and say something....
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 04:21:05 PM »

Hey keyrocks i m not that bad guy i m just young guy who want to see better snews and easy to use.I like your idea about plugins.I read about that in your post and i liked it....I m not saying 1.7 is bad i just try to say snews with plugins is way better cms....I hope my comments one day going to help you to develope something like this  :)....Also if you visit Solucija web site you see Luka made new template but on this forum he not post any comments for long time.How i criticizing you guys i m criticizing him too to not be active for long time.This is his project his idea and he need to say something once in a while.Nobody expect him to be here every day.We all have family some guys here have kids but people keep founding free time to visit this forum and say something....

Actually... Luka logged in and visited for a short time less than 2 hours ago. I haven't heard from him in a long time either... even by e-mail or P.M. I just assume that he's keeping pretty occupied with other priorities in his life.

amak

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

Anyway .. grats to all who worked on 1.7 ;)
Regards,
Amak

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 08:31:05 PM »

did anyone has demo of snews 1.7?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 04:15:15 AM »

did anyone has demo of snews 1.7?

Have a look at Poppoll's first template for 1.7?
Pages: [1] 2