Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: snews 1.7 MU  (Read 12709 times)

hdw

Re: snews 1.7 MU
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »

I just found one little bug. When you freeze a user, and that user logs in, he gets an empty window (no message that his account has been frozen).
In the official 1.6_3MU this works... I looked for a solution but I can't solve it either.

Does someone know how to solve this little bug please?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »

I just found one little bug. When you freeze a user, and that user logs in, he gets an empty window (no message that his account has been frozen).
In the official 1.6_3MU this works... I looked for a solution but I can't solve it either.

Herman's message went un-answered so he contacted me by PM and asked for assistance a few days back. I installed the package and came up with the solution. I also found a couple of other things that needed changing as well (in my view) so I'll post them too.

The modifications that follow were made to the original package posted by HA100 which is no longer available. The patched ZIP package which includes these modifications is available for download here [68KB].

BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES: As usual, make a back-up copy of your snewsMU.php file in a safe place so you can copy it back into the project in case the file you are editing becomes inoperable due to syntax errors you may have made. I usually create another folder in the project root called SAFE_FILES and put a copy of any files in there before I start modifying them.

KEEP IN MIND that - although this package improves each time one of us adds some improvements - it is still IN DEVELOPMENT and not released as a stable, completed package.

"Your Account has been Frozen" Message:

1. Find this section - lines 116 to 120 in the snewsMU.php file:
Code: [Select]
<?php

## MULTI_USER SESSIONS
if ($frozen == 'YES') {
$_SESSION['is_frozen'] = true;
}else{
unset($_SESSION['is_frozen']);

?>

and replace it with this:
<?php

## MULTI_USER SESSIONS
    if ($frozen == 'YES') {
        die( notification(2,l('mu_frozen_yes'),'')); // YOUR ACCOUNT IS FROZEN MESSAGE
// $_SESSION['is_frozen'] = true; // DISABLED
    } else {

?>

Add a Link to the Users List Panel within the Main Administration page's SITE panel:

A link to the Users List panel was provided in the MU 1.6.3 package originally authored by Bakercad. This package did not have this link so I added it where it should be in function administration(). I also made a couple of other minor styling changes to the function (to get rid of a template bug caused when I added the new link).

If you want to have the link to the "Users" Admin Panel (as there is in the 1.6.3MU version), replace all of function administration() with this revised function::

<?php

// ADMINISTRATION
function administration() {

## MULTI_USER

if (isset($_SESSION['is_frozen'])){
echo l('mu_frozen_yes');
    } else {
if (!_ADMIN) {
    echo( notification(1,l('error_not_logged_in'),'login'));
} else {
    $first_time retrieve('first_login''users''id'$_SESSION['id']);
    if ($first_time == 'YES') {
echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='._SITE.'?action=profile&id='.$_SESSION['id'].'">';
mysql_query ("UPDATE "._PRE."users SET first_login = 'NO' WHERE id = '".$_SESSION['id']."'");
    } else {
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') < '4') {
## END MULTI_USER
$catnum mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(id) as catnum FROM "._PRE.'categories'.""));
foreach ($_POST as $key) {unset($_POST[$key]);}
echo '<div class="adminpanel">';
    echo html_input('fieldset''''''''''''''''''''''''''','<a href="http://snewscms.com/" title="sNews CMS">sNews</a> '.l('administration'));
echo '<p>'.l('categories').': <a href="admin_category/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
$link ' '.l('divider').' <a href="';
if (stats('categories','') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_categories/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p><p>'.l('articles').': ';
$art_new $catnum['catnum'] > '<a href="article_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>' l('create_cat');
echo $art_new;
if (stats('articles','1') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_articles/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p><p>'.l('pages').': <a href="page_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
if (stats('articles','3') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_pages/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p>';
if (s('enable_extras') == 'YES') {
    echo '<div class="adminpanel2">';
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('extra_contents'));
    echo '<p>'.l('groupings').': <a href="admin_groupings/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
    if (stats('extras','') > 0) {
echo $link.'groupings/">'.l('view').'</a>';
    }
    echo '</p>';
}
echo '<p>'.l('extra_contents').': <a href="extra_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
if (stats('articles','2') > 0) {
    echo $link.'extra_contents/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p>';
    echo '</fieldset></div>';
}
echo '</fieldset>';
echo '</div>'// closes 1st admin panel
$query_comm 'SELECT id,articleid,name FROM '._PRE.'comments'.' WHERE approved != \'True\'';
$result_comm mysql_query($query_comm);
$unapproved mysql_num_rows($result_comm);
## MULTI_USER
$edit_comments retrieve('edit_comments''users''id'$_SESSION['id']);
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '1' || $edit_comments == 'YES') {
## END MULTI_USER
    if ($unapproved 0) {
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('comments'));
    echo '<p><a onclick="toggle(\'sub1\')" style="cursor: pointer;" title="'.l('unapproved').'">
'
.$unapproved.' '.l('wait_approval').'</a></p>';
    echo '<div id="sub1" style="display: none;">';
    while ($r mysql_fetch_array($result_comm)) {
$articleTITLE retrieve('title''articles''id'$r['articleid']);
echo '<p>'.$r['name'].' (<strong>'.$articleTITLE.'</strong>) '.l('divider').'
<a href="'
._SITE.'?action=editcomment&amp;commentid='.$r['id'].'">'.l('edit').'</a></p>';
    }
    echo '</div>'// close id=sub1
    echo '</fieldset>'// close unapproved comments panel
echo '</div>'// close adminpanel
    }
## MULTI_USER
}
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '1') {
## END MULTI_USER
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('site_settings'));
    echo '<p><a href="snews_settings/">'.l('settings').'</a></p><p><a href="snews_files/">'.l('files').'</a></p>';
## MULTI_USER add users link
# Keyrocks Patch Aug.09.10 - added missing link to Users panel.
echo '<p><a href="users/" title="'.l('users').'">'.l('users').'</a><br />'// USERS LIST PANEL
echo '<a href="bulk_users/" title="'.l('mu_bulk_users').'">'.l('mu_bulk_users').'</a></p>'// ADD USERS PANEL
echo '</fieldset>';
echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('login_status'));
echo '<p><a href="logout/">'.l('logout').'</a></p></fieldset></div>';

## MULTI_USER
}
}
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '4') {
    echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='._SITE.'">';
}
    }
}
## END MULTI_USER

}
}

?>

Enabling Missing Default Messages:
I also discovered why we were not getting any "Operation completed successfully" messages with a "Back" link to the Users panel... and why we weren't getting the popup warning when clicking the SUBMIT button.

There were two functions - pop() and pop2() - used in the 1.6.3 MU package (in the javascript section at the end of snewsMU.php) but they were not included in the 1.7MU's js/admin.js file.

Add these two functions at the end of admin.js under the // dependancy limiter function:

// delete warnings
function pop() {
var agree=confirm("<?php echo l('warning_delete'); ?>");
if (agree) {return true;} else {return false;}
}

// MULTI_USER
function pop2() {
var agree=confirm("<?php echo l('mu_delfrez_warning'); ?>");
if (agree)
return true;
else
return false;
}
// END MULTI_USER

Remove a Redundant string in function center():

Search for and you'll find - case 'process': processing(); return; break; - in 2 locations in function center(). Disable the first, only the second is needed.

That it.  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:41:09 AM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

xeoshow

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »

Is there any standalone zip file for the whole snewsMU 1.7? That will be great for new users! THanks!!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »

Is there any standalone zip file for the whole snewsMU 1.7? That will be great for new users! THanks!!

The author of snew 1.7MU provided a link to the ZIP file in his first post in this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stephane

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

Thanks for this MU version, very useful.

I notice an error when a user log as Editor try to edit something that he can't, there is no error message but only a message :
"Operation completed successfully!" And of course nothing is change in the article.

I also change line 1322 in // COMMENTS
// COMMENTS
function comment($freeze_status) {
 echo '<h3>Comments</h3>';

By
// COMMENTS
function comment($freeze_status) {
 echo '<h3>'.l('comments').'</h3>';

Useful for those who use another language file.
I'm actually translating the Multi user language variables in French. Not finish yet.

I also add a little memo in Admin about the different user level. We can be admin and don't have memory  ;D

In // ADMINISTRATION
Under # Keyrocks Patch Aug.09.10 - added missing link to Users panel.
The line after // ADD USERS PANEL
Before the end of the fieldset I add this :
echo '<p class="memo">'.l('defineusers').'</p>';

And in the Language file I add :
(text by Keyrocks find in his post Add more User Levels in sNews1.6>sNewsMU)

## DEFINE USER LEVEL
$l['defineusers'] = '<i>Memo</i><br/>
<strong>Admin</strong> (level 1)<br/>
The site owner, full privileges (all admin panels)<br/>
<strong>Super Editor</strong> (level 2) <br/>
Content Management panel only<br/> Can View, Edit or Delete any site content<br/>
<strong>Editor</strong> (level 3) <br/>
Content Management panl only<br/> Can add, view, edit own content only by default<br/>
<strong>User</strong> (level 4) <br/>
No admin access';

The result is :

You can put your own css of course.

Steph

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:52:04 PM by stephane »

stephane

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 05:38:38 PM »

Hello again,

I continue to test this MU version. Some functions doesn't work properly.

- Error when a user log as Editor try to edit something that he can't, there is no error message but only a message :
"Operation completed successfully!" I think the error message for this is :
$l['mu_noaccess'] = 'You do not have the proper permissions to access this area';

- Forgot your password function doesn't work. The link (getpass) show page :
You are Logged In
If you need to change your password, you may do it in your profile.

- The register function work BUT the result page is quit strange : (I change password in example)
Your registration at sNews 1.7MU stef, To log into your account please click here: http://localhost:8888/snews17MU/login/ It is recommended that you bookmark this URL for future access. Username: stef Password: 123456 Thank you! sNews 1.7MU MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 From: sNews 1.7MU Reply-To: sNews 1.7MU

Operation completed successfully!

You have been registered! Your password has been e-mailed to you.
Login

I try to change in the language file
$l['mu_reg_email_to_login'] = 'To log into your account please click here';

BY

$l['mu_reg_email_to_login'] = ''To log into your account please click <a href="'.db('website').'login/">here</a>';

It's working but we still have the URL write with http://....... and no link on it.
But I'm not sure if this functionality is useful or not ? I think it's better to have a result page with just some welcome text and the information about the password e-mailed. And why not the login link. Like this the user should check his mail before login.

- I notice an double line in ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS for the Login form

## MULTI_USERS
echo html_input('form', '', 'post', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'post', _SITE, ''); -----> I think we don't need this ?
## END MULTI_USERS
echo html_input('form', '', 'post', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'post', _SITE.'administration/', '');
echo '<p>'.l('login_limit').'</p>';

Working very well without the first html imput.

The last one for the moment  :P
- The Show Users online info and Display Added By in info line doesn't seems to work.
I find where it was if we put in index.php the function --> users_online();
BUT this function display always : Registered users online: 1 ( admin ) Guests online: 0
Even if I'm not log in  ??? ???

Sorry it was a mistake. The User online function working fine. But not the Display Added by.

Well I continue alone  :P

I notice when we are in User list editing, if we add a website URL, we need to put http:// to make a correct link.
So I think it's better to have a description like this : Website URL (with http://). But If we want to see others users profile
the name of this field is the same because it's the same url variable language.
I put this in function profile below FIX by bakercad around line 1182
if (!empty($r['website'])) {echo '<p><strong>'.l('url').': </strong><a href="'.obfuscation($r['website']).'">'.obfuscation($r['website']).'</a></p>';}

CHANGE FOR

if (!empty($r['website'])) {echo '<p><strong>'.l('url2').': </strong><a href="'.obfuscation($r['website']).'">'.obfuscation($r['website']).'</a></p>';}

But I think it will be better to add a value with the http:// already in the field but I don't know where to put it in this line
echo html_input('text', 'weblink', 'weblink', $r['website'], l('url'), 'text', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
I know that the last 'text' item is a class tag but where can I put the value tag ???
If we do this we don't need to change the language file.

And in the language file Add
$l['url'] = 'Website URL (with http://)';
$l['url2'] = 'Website ';

Is that sound correct ?

I also change little things for validation purpose like p, br stuff.
function profile()
echo '<div id="profile">';
echo '<p>'.l('title').': '.get_identity($r['level']).'<br />';
echo html_input('text', 'rname', 'rname', $r['realname'], l('mu_rname'), '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('checkbox', 'show_rname', 'sr', 'YES', l('mu_rname_show'), '', '', '', '', $show_rname, '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('text', 'mail', 'mail', $r['email'], l('email'), '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('checkbox', 'show_email', 'se', 'YES', l('mu_email_show'), '', '', '', '', $show_email, '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('text', 'weblink', 'weblink', $r['website'], l('url'), 'text', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('text', 'loc', 'loc', $r['location'], l('mu_loc'), 'text', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo '<p>';

CHANGE WITH

echo '<div id="profile">';
echo '<p>'.l('title').': '.get_identity($r['level']).'</p>';
echo html_input('text', 'rname', 'rname', $r['realname'], l('mu_rname'), '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('checkbox', 'show_rname', 'sr', 'YES', l('mu_rname_show'), '', '', '', '', $show_rname, '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('text', 'mail', 'mail', $r['email'], l('email'), '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('checkbox', 'show_email', 'se', 'YES', l('mu_email_show'), '', '', '', '', $show_email, '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo html_input('text', 'loc', 'loc', $r['location'], l('mu_loc'), 'text', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '');
echo '<p>';

And now it's XHTML Valid  :)

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:49:27 PM by stephane »

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 03:36:16 PM »

Regarding the registration process, I'm missing a version where registration needs to be approved by the Admin before a welcome message is sent to the registree - like the approve comments process. Personally I think that a completely open registration process is an anomaly—there's no security in it—but others might feel differently so having an approval alternative would be nice. Please? (I'll try fixing it for myself but if others already have, please share.)

tucuta

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »

Herman's message went un-answered so he contacted me by PM and asked for assistance a few days back. I installed the package and came up with the solution. I also found a couple of other things that needed changing as well (in my view) so I'll post them too.

The modifications that follow were made to the Package originally posted by ha100 Here [68KB].

BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES: As usual, make a back-up copy of your snewsMU.php file in a safe place so you can copy it back into the project in case the file you are editing becomes inoperable due to syntax errors you may have made. I usually create another folder in the project root called SAFE_FILES and put a copy of any files in there before I start modifying them.

KEEP IN MIND that - although this package improves each time one of us adds some improvements - it is still IN DEVELOPMENT and not released as a stable, completed package.

"Your Account has been Frozen" Message:

1. Find this section - lines 116 to 120 in the snewsMU.php file:
<?php

## MULTI_USER SESSIONS
if ($frozen == 'YES') {
$_SESSION['is_frozen'] = true;
}else{

?>

and replace it with this:
<?php

## MULTI_USER SESSIONS
    if ($frozen == 'YES') {
        die( notification(2,l('mu_frozen_yes'),'')); // YOUR ACCOUNT IS FROZEN MESSAGE
// $_SESSION['is_frozen'] = true; // DISABLED
    } else {

?>

Add a Link to the Users List Panel within the Main Administration page's SITE panel:

A link to the Users List panel was provided in the MU 1.6.3 package originally authored by Bakercad. This package did not have this link so I added it where it should be in function administration(). I also made a couple of other minor styling changes to the function (to get rid of a template bug caused when I added the new link).

If you want to have the link to the "Users" Admin Panel (as there is in the 1.6.3MU version), replace all of function administration() with this revised function::

<?php

// ADMINISTRATION
function administration() {

## MULTI_USER

if (isset($_SESSION['is_frozen'])){
echo l('mu_frozen_yes');
    } else {
if (!_ADMIN) {
    echo( notification(1,l('error_not_logged_in'),'login'));
} else {
    $first_time retrieve('first_login''users''id'$_SESSION['id']);
    if ($first_time == 'YES') {
echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='._SITE.'?action=profile&id='.$_SESSION['id'].'">';
mysql_query ("UPDATE "._PRE."users SET first_login = 'NO' WHERE id = '".$_SESSION['id']."'");
    } else {
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') < '4') {
## END MULTI_USER
$catnum mysql_fetch_assoc(mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(id) as catnum FROM "._PRE.'categories'.""));
foreach ($_POST as $key) {unset($_POST[$key]);}
    echo html_input('fieldset''''''''''''''''''''''''''','<a href="http://snewscms.com/" title="sNews CMS">sNews</a> '.l('administration'));
echo '<p>'.l('categories').': <a href="admin_category/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
$link ' '.l('divider').' <a href="';
if (stats('categories','') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_categories/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p><p>'.l('articles').': ';
$art_new $catnum['catnum'] > '<a href="article_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>' l('create_cat');
echo $art_new;
if (stats('articles','1') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_articles/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p><p>'.l('pages').': <a href="page_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
if (stats('articles','3') > 0) {
    echo $link.'snews_pages/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p>';
    echo '<div class="adminpanel2">';
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('extra_contents'));
    echo '<p>'.l('groupings').': <a href="admin_groupings/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
    if (stats('extras','') > 0) {
echo $link.'groupings/">'.l('view').'</a>';
    }
    echo '</p>';
}
echo '<p>'.l('extra_contents').': <a href="extra_new/">'.l('add_new').'</a>';
if (stats('articles','2') > 0) {
    echo $link.'extra_contents/">'.l('view').'</a>';
}
echo '</p>';
    echo '</fieldset></div>';
}
echo '</fieldset>';
echo '</div>'// closes 1st admin panel
$query_comm 'SELECT id,articleid,name FROM '._PRE.'comments'.' WHERE approved != \'True\'';
$result_comm mysql_query($query_comm);
$unapproved mysql_num_rows($result_comm);
## MULTI_USER
$edit_comments retrieve('edit_comments''users''id'$_SESSION['id']);
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '1' || $edit_comments == 'YES') {
## END MULTI_USER
    if ($unapproved 0) {
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('comments'));
    echo '<p><a onclick="toggle(\'sub1\')" style="cursor: pointer;" title="'.l('unapproved').'">
'
.$unapproved.' '.l('wait_approval').'</a></p>';
    echo '<div id="sub1" style="display: none;">';
    while ($r mysql_fetch_array($result_comm)) {
$articleTITLE retrieve('title''articles''id'$r['articleid']);
echo '<p>'.$r['name'].' (<strong>'.$articleTITLE.'</strong>) '.l('divider').'
<a href="'
._SITE.'?action=editcomment&amp;commentid='.$r['id'].'">'.l('edit').'</a></p>';
    }
    echo '</div>'// close id=sub1
    echo '</fieldset>'// close unapproved comments panel
echo '</div>'// close adminpanel
    }
## MULTI_USER
}
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '1') {
## END MULTI_USER
    echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('site_settings'));
    echo '<p><a href="snews_settings/">'.l('settings').'</a></p><p><a href="snews_files/">'.l('files').'</a></p>';
## MULTI_USER add users link
# Keyrocks Patch Aug.09.10 - added missing link to Users panel.
echo '<p><a href="users/" title="'.l('users').'">'.l('users').'</a><br />'// USERS LIST PANEL
echo '<a href="bulk_users/" title="'.l('mu_bulk_users').'">'.l('mu_bulk_users').'</a></p>'// ADD USERS PANEL
echo '</fieldset>';
echo html_input('fieldset'''''''''''''''''''''''''''l('login_status'));
echo '<p><a href="logout/">'.l('logout').'</a></p></fieldset></div>';

## MULTI_USER
}
}
if (get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '4') {
    echo '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='._SITE.'">';
}
    }
}
## END MULTI_USER

}
}

?>

Enabling Missing Default Messages:
I also discovered why we were not getting any "Operation completed successfully" messages with a "Back" link to the Users panel... and why we weren't getting the popup warning when clicking the SUBMIT button.

There were two functions - pop() and pop2() - used in the 1.6.3 MU package (in the javascript section at the end of snewsMU.php) but they were not included in the 1.7MU's js/admin.js file.

Add these two functions at the end of admin.js under the // dependancy limiter function:

// delete warnings
function pop() {
var agree=confirm("<?php echo l('warning_delete'); ?>");
if (agree) {return true;} else {return false;}
}

// MULTI_USER
function pop2() {
var agree=confirm("<?php echo l('mu_delfrez_warning'); ?>");
if (agree)
return true;
else
return false;
}
// END MULTI_USER

Remove a Redundant string in function center():

Search for and you'll find - case 'process': processing(); return; break; - in 2 locations in function center(). Disable the first, only the second is needed.

That it.  :)

Man el link esta caido, lo podrías resubir nuevamente por favor, me interesa...

Te agradezco de antemano si lo vuelves a subir y si ya viene con los cambios que se le hicieron mejor, pero si no no importa...

Gracias
 :)

Kaito

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »

Hi i whant to join to this project can any one reupload this file? snews17MU.zip :D

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

Hi i whant to join to this project can any one reupload this file? snews17MU.zip :D

Download from here the sNewsMU package originally prepared by ha100 - plus a few patches I added... (see my previous post here)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:39:50 PM by Keyrocks »

cashio

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »

@keyrocks:

I've instaled snews17Mu from your link, but it looks like there is missing a lang directory.

Warning: include(lang/EN.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/---/public_html/snews17MU.php on line 88

Warning: include(lang/EN.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/---/public_html/snews17MU.php on line 88

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang/EN.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/---/public_html/snews17MU.php on line 88

Can you share this folder?
Thanks in advance.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »

@keyrocks:

I've instaled snews17Mu from your link, but it looks like there is missing a lang directory.
Can you share this folder?
Thanks in advance.

YES... Of course... sorry about that... now how the h*ll did that happen?  ;D
I've refreshed the download ZIP with the EN folder in it so you should be able download the whole package again from the same link above. You can simply copy over the folder into your current installation instead of reinstalling the whole package.

Tropy

Re: snews 1.7 MU Tinymce?
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »

ist possible to integrate same tinymce from 1.7SU the 1.7 MU?

oor its a brain braking thing? ;-)

and the other mods/addins are to?

mfg Tropy

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
Re: snews 1.7 MU Tinymce?
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »

ist possible to integrate same tinymce from 1.7SU the 1.7 MU?
Or its a brain braking thing? ;-)
... and the other mods/addins are to?

The only difference between the SU and MU versions is that the MU version has additional scripts and an additional "users" table in the database that the SU version doesn't have.... so that more than one user can log in and use the website and its administration system. Everything else is the same.

So - yes - You should be able to integrate TinyMCE as easily with MU as you did with SU. The modification locations are in the same place in both snews.php files.

Other mods and add-ins - it will depend on whether or not the mods and add-ins you are using are in places where the MU changes are. If so, modifications would be necessary to be consistent with multiple-user scripts. That shouldn't be difficult though. I think all of the MU mods in the snews.php file are preceded by the same comment line. You can find them all by searching the file for ## MULTI_USER
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:43:23 AM by Keyrocks »
Pages: 1 2 [3]