Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: ZenPhoto 1.2 integration with MU  (Read 10012 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: ZenPhoto 1.2 integration with MU
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »

1)   Ho-hum, what were we thinking of ...

2)   Anyway, all you need to do is a quick search-and-destroy of each link using this particular construct and remove the '._SITE bit. You can do it manually - do one a week and you'll be done in a year. 8) Or ... you can let your text editor do it for you and it'll take, what, .52 seconds? Something like that. (Or to quote the guy in the movie: Here endeth the lesson)

1)  Well... "we" were working with (and thinking about) 1.6...

Thanks for the lesson Fred. I've used search & replace many times... provided I am sure that what I am replacing (or removing) will not adversly affect the outcome beforehand. Remember... I have been duly criticized in the past for taking too much for granted and not conducting enough research into modifications before implementing them.... like the 'extras' mods a while back. 8) Question: Have you made this change to your online projects already, and fully tested all links?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »

To complete your instructions above for the "search.php" page to be styled correctly an extra ../ is required hense it will be
          <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../style.css" media="screen" />

Got it, thanks.

*mini update* if you select the option to not use the captcha in theme options it causes a fatal error when you goback to the gallery. So to avoid this its best to comment out that option in the themeoptions.php file at around line 30.

Hmmm, I cannot replicate this on my localhost work project.
   - Enabled the Captcha in the Options => Comment Configuration panel under "Required Fields"
   - Tested using the captcha on a comment - OK.
   - Disabled it as a required field - OK.
   - No error appeared using the "View Gallery" or "Gallery" links in the top-right of admin page.

Am I using the right "switch" for the captcha option or is there another somewhere else in Z-P Admin?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

alks

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »

Keyrocks, in my version (1.1.4) the option for enabling the captacha is in : Options > theme options, you get a bunch of options for that theme such as Allow comments, allow ratings, allow search etc.. When i disable the captcha it causes a error. At the moment i just comment it out.

I get this message :
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function title() in C:\htdocs\mywebsite\gallery\themes\snews\index.php on line 10
alks

*update* it seams that Options > theme options etc - is not a required file for a theme. When i created my theme i copied the default theme to produce a starting point for my new theme and this file was part of it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:50:40 PM by alks »

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »

Quote from: Keyrocks
Question: Have you made this change to your online projects already, and fully tested all links?

I did it on one site a while back, but normally I don't bother with it as there are too many links to check/change. I don't particularly recommend doing it, only in situations like this where base href comes into question - then it might be a viable alternative. But then I don't use ZP so I should probably leave you guys to it... 8)

alks

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »

Just for information I have noticed that when pages paginate you loose the styling using the "../../iamges/image.jpg" method. You need to use the full path "/iamges.imges.jpg" to make the site work as the pagination adds an extra /pages/2/ to the url.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]