Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant login to Snews 1.5 any more!!  (Read 2673 times)

tbeerejo

Cant login to Snews 1.5 any more!!
« on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »

Hi there, my Snews 1.5 no longer allows me to log in!! I've tried going back to the database and copying and pasting the "098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6" into the username and password field, but it gives me the frustrating "Error

You are not currently logged in and so are not allowed to do that." The website is www.acreativeteam.com. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do? Should I just start over with a new install of a newer version? Perhaps someone can direct me to a post that explains how to move my content from the old database to the new one. I'm pretty much a beginner at db stuff.

thanks

tbj

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Cant login to Snews 1.5 any more!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »

Hi Brad:
It depends on which version of 1.5 you are using. If it is the updated 1.5.31 version... then it would be using the encrypted string for both values in the settings table. If it is a pre-1.5.31 install, then it still uses the word "test" for the username with the encrypted string for the password value.

If you are intersted in upgrading to 1.6, you could search the 1.6 Mods & Addons or 1.5 Mods and Addons sections and see what you find. Or, just have a look at the database table script for both - compare the 1.5 with the script in the 1.6 readme.htm file. I don't think the differences are that great.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU