Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Separated page for blog  (Read 8917 times)

funlw65

• Country Lab
Re: Separated page for blog
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »

Hi all,
my first post here, my first project developed with snews and my first problem solved with this mod. Thanks funlw65!

But... I can't make it work when I set other language than default EN. I'm using the spanish translation http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=4558.0 and i've added the new lang variable ($l['blog'] = 'Blog'; ) there. I can see the new link Blog but I get a "Content can't be found" message in example.com/blog. Of course, it's working with the same index.php and snews.php and lang set to EN.

Some ideas?

Thanks and sorry for my english  :-\

Hi eb,
Yes you're right. Because in center function, only when case 'blog' is working....  but you can change the case 'blog' with case  l('blog') .... not tested. Also here are few places where you must made modifications as well (title function, sitemap function, etc...) .

Sorry about that... I made that only for me and Mr.Sven... at that time, I was the only 'weird' user, trying to change the 'normal' functionality of sNews...

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:58 PM »

Hi Moshe,
Your idea is attractive and I want to see some code :) .

eb

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

Hi fun,
it's working perfectly with the translation file... I've added $l['blog'] in the snews_es.php but forgot to modify $l['cat_listSEF']. Was my fault  :-[
Thanks again!
Pages: 1 [2]