Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Admin theme  (Read 3509 times)

Bdesign

Admin theme
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:18:01 PM »

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum, so please excuse me if I don't post in the right place.
This is a MOD request for the wonderful sNews. Is there any posibility to have two separate themes, one for the administration panel and one for the site itself? I tried using 2 snews.php , with 2 index.php, using one database, but no results. Can anyone help me?

Anticipated thanks.
(Please excuse my bad English)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 05:53:47 PM by Bdesign »

pwendel

• sNews 1.6 in Danish
Re: Admin theme
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:12:26 PM »

Hello and welcome to Snews :)

Admin theming is used/possible in many CMS distributions (drupal has a killer one) but Snews was meant to be lightweight so as you say there is no easy way of achieving this with the core package.

However, there are a lot of modifications that help extend the core package - one of them might be what you are looking for:

http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=6133.0

Above mod allows you to have different templates based on the URI called - it is a really brilliant mod and should be possible to adapt to your needs (worst case by specifying a template for anything but the admin section, but look at the thread above for more info).

Per.

"Opportunity is missed by alot of people because it comes dressed in blue overalls and looks like hard work" -- Thomas Edison (1847-1931)