Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Suggestion to all who is willing to pay coders and graphic designers  (Read 5468 times)

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com

OKY.First of all i would give you some suggestion about today coders and your choice to pay them.This past days i do some working for our member(his nick name protected by me in this post).and his web site design.He pay someone to code his site 145$ and what happend?Guy doo coding but in very poor maner.He code his template using lot of images like site menu,site logo wich he use also font images not just font,site main background use also with so big high pixel i guess 400px,some font on this site convert to images ,looks soo ugly,and most important site don`t strach over hole pc screen and guess looks also ugly.

Designs for site also use lot of brushes which imposible to do any work.What i do i changed all of this things.Cut main background to 1px ,strech hole site 100% nice fit for screean and do new designs to site  header,add some background colors,add some designs i created in photoshop,fix al menu with hover effects looks nice,do some coding on site on both CSS and Xhtml,changed site validation from strict to transitional and i do all of this for free.So this topic is not about me and my work this topic is about you and paying someone to do job for you.

So bee careful lot of people today say hey i can do that and charge you for that.Trust me today i found lot of people who can say hey i m designer but end of the day he don`t do good job. I wish i can post that designs so you guys can see template before and after but i can`t.Sory for that.All i can say use some coder and graphic designers from this site who do job for less money then someone from other web sites and who can do great coding and design.

Today on this site you have some very good CSS and Xhtml coders like David,Luka,Patric,Keyrocks,Fred K,and many many others.For PHP you can found some great guys like Bob backerad,Rui Mendes and lot of more guys.I can do any pro graphic design ..Sorry if i not menchen more guys  but this site have more great people then any other.MY MESSAGE TO YOU: DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD MAKING MONEY ON SOMEONE POOR WORK.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:06:22 AM by Patric Ahlqvist »
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

stjepan

Re: Suggestion to all who is willing to pay coders and graphic designers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 03:07:40 PM »

Hmm, is there any portfolio of that designer?  Some works or examples can give a picture of what you can expect.  And second, the price rises suspicion.  $145 is a price for some two hours of work (minutes more or less); it's definitely too low for any serious work.  And you can't code anything serious in two hours.  In situation like that I prefer, if I have time, to do pro-bono work.  What I'm trying to say here in my lousy English is that the price is not $0 and it's not high, either. Something in between. In such situations you can be sure that the final result will be "in between".

But, those are just thoughts of a poor designer...

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:44:55 PM »

Thanks for starting this topic Sasha... it is a good one that users looking for paid assistance should take note of. To sum it up... you get what you pay for. No matter what the hourly rate is... you want to be sure you contract with someone who pays attention to detail and who isn't using your project as another way to learn on-the-go while getting paid for it. On the average... it takes about two days (for me) to port a complex template to run well with sNews... and some of the simpler ones take only 4 to 5 hours.

@ Sasha... you are very kind in placing my nickname in your list of "very good CSS coders"... along with Luka, David, Patric and Fred K. I continue to learn from what these guys do. I am not as creative as others... like you, Luka and David (for example) when it comes to making a new design. Up to now... I've spent most of my time learning to understand more about the sNews engine's functions and finalizing my mod packages with all the bells and whistles I like to have. This year... I want to spend more time on CSS and layout technique. My main focus will be to improve the GUI for the sNews Admin system.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:53:49 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

stjepan

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

@Keyrocks:
I am not as creative as others

It's a lie. Your solutions are very creative. 

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »

@Keyrocks:
I am not as creative as others

It's a lie. Your solutions are very creative. 
Thanks... your confidence is appreciated.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:55:18 AM »

:)
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥