Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: [STICKY] Mod posting rules and guidlines. *Please readme first*  (Read 3621 times)

George Antoniadis

For modders:
List:
·Identify correctly what exactly your mod does

·Make a demo if possible or show some screenshots

·Make sure people know what sNews version it it for

·If it is a simple mod please tell help users by writing where/what/why they should change and where they can find it exactly

·If your mod is complex you can post a link to the whole snews.php file as .txt and NOT as a zip/rar file (unless it contains more than one files)

·In many cases mods might have bugs or might be continued by the developer or by other users so please put version numbers on your mods

·When changing your mod for a new sNews version please create a new topic and not just change the old post. Not all users want to use the latest sNews versions.

·Please write the sNews version number in the topic

·Please write your mod version number in the topic

* Mods might want to create a locked topic for announcing new updates/fixes for their mods and another topic for questions/praise about the specific mod. (This is not a rule but some mods might like this)

For users:
List:
·Please *BACKUP* first before come back screaming if something goes wrong! ;)

·If you like the mod, say thanks to the user that made it. If you didn't like it either help her/him to make it better by suggesting stuff, but in no case should you give him/her a hard time

·When asking help for a mod, please make sure you tell people in the subject what mod you need help with, snews version, mod version (if any) and your problem

That's all for now. ^_^
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.