Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Contact Form not working  (Read 4065 times)

daithiblue

Contact Form not working
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:39:22 PM »

Hi - I have set up a website with Snews for my local rugby club http://www.clondalkinrugby.com and have everything working perfectly except the contact form which gives errors. I have included my correct email address in the settings section, and I receive emails no problem when people register on the site.
Any ideas as to where I have gone wrong?
Thanks
Daithi.

inland

Re: Contact Form not working
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

Hi,

I also am not able to get the contact form to actually send email. I've scoured this forum, but can't seem to find a solution. I would appreciate any help. Here are the details:

Server Configuration
Apache/1.3.39
PHP/5.2.4

I'm using Sendmail for various other forms on the server (non sNews) and they all work fine. RewriteEngine is on. I've set an email address under contact info in the Admin section, but that email is not associated with the domain I'm running the sNews site on. It is, however, an email of a domain on my VPS server. Should that matter? I don't yet have a domain assigned to the sNews install, otherwise I would change that email.

The only error I receive is, "Error, your message was not sent"

Would someone be able to give me a sort of step by step that I need to do in order to get this working. e.g., Do I need to first check such and such in the snews.php and then make sure that so and so is set in...

Thanks in advance to any and all assistance. I really like sNews!

Thnx!
John

devdept

Re: Contact Form not working
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »

In response to the form not working, I just found why and that is a bug.
if you include a URL the form will validate, but given that the URL option is not necessary it falls into a bug. I try with the URL and it works and I try without it and all I get is "Error, your message was not sent" the same as a previous post.
I have not had the time to take a look at this but I hope to soon. If anyone has solve this problem please share. thanks