Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Some Css Issues I am Having  (Read 2858 times)

Shaun Aneiros

• http://www.poorpeoplesparty.org
Some Css Issues I am Having
« on: December 23, 2007, 07:27:29 PM »

So I upgraded to the sNews 1.6 mu and when you visit my website ( http://poorpeoplesparty.org ) that the firefox tag says sNews 1. MU so I would like to change that but not to sure how.

Then underneith the article the info box about when it was written and by whom I would like to change the background color to black again not sure how to do that or where I would find the coding for it???

and in the contact field I would like to incress the box for writing and change the coloring again not to sure where to find that either.

thanks for any help offered

Shaun
Why does my daughter like me to pose for pictures with my angry face?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Some Css Issues I am Having
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:23:30 PM »

Hi Shaun... welcome back... long time silent.  :)

1 - Changing the Website Title: After logging in as admin, go to SETTINGS >> SETTINGS, and change what's in the Website Title field, then save the changes.
2 - Styling the Info-Line:
Look for this function in your engine file... it should be the first one located under the language array, and it generates what gets displayed in the Info-line:

// INFO LINE TAGS (readmore, comments, date)
function tags($tag) {
   $tags = array(); $tags['infoline'] = '<p class="date">,readmore,comments,date,edit,</p>';
   $tags['comments'] = '<div class="comment">,<p class="date">,name, '.l('on').' ,date,edit,</p>,<p>,comment,</p>,</div>';
   return $tags[$tag];
}

Notice how they both use a class of date. Check within your style.css file that you have a .date class defined. If you do, then change the values in it as you wish. If you don't have one... make one up.

3 - Contact Page Styling:
If you search your engine file for // CONTACT FORM you will find the contact function. Notice the function's first "echo" string starts with - echo '<div class="commentsbox"><h2>'.l('contact').'</h2>'; and uses the commentsbox class (in style.css) to style the whole form. You can change the style values (add color if not present) for .commentsbox any way you wish in your style.css file. Also in your style.css file, you should have textarea there. If not, you'll need one that defines the width and height for all textareas. I like to use percentage for width so it will vary conforming to any sized center content container... and fix the height & inside padding. This should do the trick:

textarea { width: 97%; height: 20em; padding: 0.25em; }

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:25:55 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Shaun Aneiros

• http://www.poorpeoplesparty.org
Re: Some Css Issues I am Having
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 05:24:32 AM »

Thanks!!!!
Why does my daughter like me to pose for pictures with my angry face?