Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Adding and delteing pages.  (Read 3132 times)

Puffmac

Adding and delteing pages.
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »

Hello,

Recently I've been trying alot of CMS systems. Cute PHP didn't have the options I needed so I turned to sNews and it seems to have been the right move!  ;D. I do have two question that mabey one of the more experienced users of sNews could help me with.

First off, I'm using the
Code: [Select]
<?php pages(); ?> code instead of a HTML menu. How do I edit what pages appear here, the links and the titles?

Secondly and lastly, I've seen on many websites a list of catagories and then in brackets a number signifying how many posts are in that catagorey. Is this feture avalible in sNews?

Thanks,
Andrew

Puffmac

Re: Adding and delteing pages.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »

OK, Cancel the first request. Firgured it out :D. Seems so obvious now! :P

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:15:18 PM »

Welcome to sNews Puffmac.
1. The default pages(); function in sNews 1.6 does two things. First, it displays the four default sNews pages - home, archive, contact and sitemap - in the top-right corner of the default sNews template (index.php). The home is there by default... while archive, contact and sitemap are generated by functions of the same names. Second... each new page you create from the new pages admin panel, get added (dynamically) to the same menu. This is fine if you only want to add a couple more pages... but it you want a site where you can create dozens of pages... this menu won't fit them all in (of course). And, you cannot switch any of them on and off.

Bramsyuur created a small modification that adds 4 more settings values to the settings dbase table, and 4 check-boxes in the Settings >> Contents panel that allows you to switch (on or off) display of the home, archive, contact or sitemap pages. Also, Equilni has created 2 functions to replace the default pages function - default_pages and extra_pages. These are very useful - default_pages(); displays the 4 default sNews pages in their normal location (wherever pages(); did)... and extra_pages(); will display all the pages you create in another location... such as in a side-bar.

2. Yes. sNews does display the number of articles within a given category in brackets beside the category name in the Categories menu. You can also switch this feature on or off in the Settings >> Contents Panel.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Puffmac

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

Got it! Thanks for the quick reply.