Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [ADDON] phpEventCalendar  (Read 25907 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: [ADDON] phpEventCalendar
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 03:28:04 AM »

This means that the request, send by IE7 is malformed and is not recognized by sNews/Calendar. Find out what should have been send and what has been received by sNews.
Sounds like a heck of a good idea Joost... but it's beyond my comprehension... remember I'm just an old, retired geezer who dabbles with this webbie stuff in a learn-as-I-go sorta way.  :P
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:50 AM »

I have found more problems with the Calendar: When you press the green arrow while looking at the calendar, it gots back to the top of the root og sNews.  And the your profile/Site Admin/Logout disapares allong with the  Site settings and the Filemanager in the Admin panel in MEMU. This is a error that i found both in FF and Safari.

I have manage to find the error with the admin logout you profile and the settings menu disapearing. When you go to the calendarview and pres a date to add a event, not from the add event under the filemanager.  And you quit the add event window without adding. And the go bak to home, the errer is making problems.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:01:46 AM by Anders Hansen »

mike1

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:53 AM »

I have found more problems with the Calendar: When you press the green arrow while looking at the calendar, it gots back to the top of the root og sNews.  And the your profile/Site Admin/Logout disapares allong with the  Site settings and the Filemanager in the Admin panel in MEMU. This is a error that i found both in FF and Safari.

I have manage to find the error with the admin logout you profile and the settings menu disapearing. When you go to the calendarview and pres a date to add a event, not from the add event under the filemanager.  And you quit the add event window without adding. And the go bak to home, the errer is making problems.

one again, this sounds like a base href problem.  I think i have to modify a good chunk of the calendar to rectify it.  As I look at the calendar now, a lot of what I did was to make the calendar template and snews template play nice with each other.  In the environment of snews (being as flexible as it is), I dont believe this is a viable option.  I have some ideas on how to rectify this, but it will require me to start over on everything I've done and take a completely different route.

Personally, the instructions posted above will work for a default SU implementation.  Other than that, I think that the calendar in its current state is quite a hassle to implement, and creates a lot of redundant code.  For now, I'm going to cap development of the calendar at its current state and take a completely different approach (which may take a few months to create).

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 09:56:41 AM »

Thanx for a good answer Mike, I appreciate the effort you have given the phpEventCalendar. I think the Calender have a lot of good potentials as an implementation to sNews because it's so smal. I myself is  looking for a good CV database to implement, and that is not a small job to implement.

I will be happy to help you with the testing of the your work along the way to implement phpEventCalendar to a fully functional part of sNews.

What can I do to help you minimise the time you use?

mike1

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »

What can I do to help you minimise the time you use?

take my classes/work my jobs?  ;D ;D

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007, 11:03:38 AM »

Hi guys.

I manage til fix the screwup with the writing of the calendar when you change det doctype to xhtml. change the default.css to this.

Code: [Select]
/**** color and size of calendar cells.  ****/
.day_cell { background-color:#EDECD8; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.empty_day_cell     { background-color:#EEEEEE; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.today_cell { background-color:#F5F4ED; height:80px; width: 95px; }

Mike: Started working on the rewriting? If so I have an idè for you. How about adding the posibillity to add an event when you writing a article, and relate the article and event in some way..? This meens that when someone is using the calendar, he/she would also get a link to the article in the calender in the bottom of the eventtext, and vice versa for the article. After mine opinion, the searh_function sould have some alt to narrow the search to articles and/or events. I dont know if that is possible.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:51:53 PM by Anders Hansen »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 03:49:04 AM »

Hi guys.

I manage til fix the screwup with the writing of the calendar when you change det doctype to xhtml. change the default.css to this.

.day_cell { background-color:#EDECD8; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.empty_day_cell     { background-color:#EEEEEE; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.today_cell { background-color:#F5F4ED; height:80px; width: 95px; }
Just tried this patch... still doesn't allow the use of - <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" in either the sNews or calendar index.php files.  ???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 04:30:55 AM »

After feedback from Keyrocks that by using this css file everything works. I relase it for all you who want the styling to match the xhtml doctype.  If you have problems try to look me up. This is the default.css file... placed under css in the phpEventCalendar folder.

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
/**************************************************************
********* Formatting For Month Table and Text *****************
**************************************************************/

A { font-family:arial, helvetica; color:#00F; text-decoration:underline }
SPAN { font-family:arial, helvetica }
TD      { font-family:arial, helvetica }
BODY { background-color:#FFF }

/**** month and year header at top of calendar ****/
.date_header { font-size:16px; font-family:arial, helvetica; font-weight:bold }

.day_cell { background-color:#444444; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.empty_day_cell { background-color:#555555; height:80px; width: 95px; }
.today_cell { background-color:#777777; height:80px; width: 95px; }

/**** day number in upper left corner of each cell ****/
.day_number { font-size:10px; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica; color:#eee }

/**** title_txt is the text for each post on main page ****/
.title_txt { font-size:10px; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica; color:#eee }
.title_txt A:hover { color:#aaaaaa; text-decoration:underline }

/**** time line under title text when event time given ****/
.time_str { font-size:9px; font-family:arial, helvetica }

/**** column headers or days of the week ****/
.column_header { background-color:#111; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold;}

/**** footprint text ****/
.footprint { font-size:10px; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica; color:#000; font-weight:bold; }
.footprint A { font-size:10px; font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica; color:#00F; font-weight:bold; }
// end hiding -->
</STYLE>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:34:08 AM by Anders Hansen »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:12 AM »

Just tried this patch... still doesn't allow the use of - <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" in either the sNews or calendar index.php files.  ???
And... my apologies... the patch above did work... once I realized I was applying it to a file that wasn't active. Turns out the issue with the doctype string is a very simple one that I hadn't really notice before... that the height and width of the table cells was defined without the unit. Adding px to the height and width numbers is necessary to work with the strict doctype string.

mantra

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »

Is this add on work .......... in new version of snews ??

mike1

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 04:27:24 AM »

nope
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]