Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [ADDON] phpEventCalendar  (Read 25913 times)

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
Re: [ADDON] phpEventCalendar
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 07:38:54 AM »

Mike: I have done the things you said, but that did not do the trick.. I get a white eventpostingpage..

www.xclusive.name/kaff/cal/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:40:29 AM by Anders Hansen »

mike1

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 08:06:02 AM »

that sounds like an include error because i dont get an access denied error when trying to access it.

make sure to change
Code: [Select]
include ('../snews.php') to
Code: [Select]
include('../config.php');

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 08:28:18 AM »

thanx mike1.. that was just a dumb thing from my side. I did not remember what to change to. i wrote snewsMU and not config
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 04:18:58 PM by Anders Hansen »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2007, 07:28:21 PM »

TEST RESULTS WITH MEMU Package:
OK... I spent a few hours working with this mod in my MEMU project and there are a few problems I have not been able to solve... so I will put this aside for now to get on to other priorities for a while. I had experienced most of the same problems with it before in early 1.5.31 SU projects well, so they are calendar-script related. I thought it would be a good idea to list them here as a reference for anyone trying to make this work with the MEMU package. Some of these were already reported by Anders.

DOC TYPE BUG
Using the existing DOCTYPE string in cal/templates/default.php causes the template to lose its left-margin, shifting everything to the very edge of the screen. Replacing it with the DOCTYPE strings from the sNews index.php file restores the left-margin... but the calendar itself shrinks... distorted and quite small with the black background mostly exposed.

ADD EVENT LINK BUG
... <a href="javascript: postMessage()" title="Add Event">Add Event</a> ... - added under the "Files" panel link in function administration() throws a "404" error and... though the prompt panel for creating adding an event pops up... it contains the template instead of the add event panel.

CALENDAR LINK NOT CURRENT
The Calendar link shows as current when using the cal_pages function... but "Home" shows as the current page-link when using the default_pages function (with Bram's switchable default pages mod). There should be a way to adjust that somehow.

CATEGORY LISTS
My MEMU package uses Philmoz's expandable category links mod... an absolute necessity for listing lots of article-links and page-links by category. There is a javascript conflict going on here.

CSS LINKING ISSUE
The MEMU package... as well as the MESU package... both use Bakercad's Template Switch mod, which keeps template folders (by name) in a root/templates directory. Each template folder contains its own files in more folders... css, images, and other template-specific scripts... as well as its own index.php (template) file. The calendar's template file - cal/templates/default.php (or other name) have the stylesheet link hard-coded... and it can only apply to one sNews template's stylesheet file. We can create more template files in the calendar's templates folder by name... but the only way to switch them is by changing a string in the cal/config.php file. To work with Bakercad's Template Switch mod... we'll need to devise a way of switching the calendar template file when the sNews template is switched from the Admin >> Settings >> Templates panel.

In general... I still like the phpEvent Calendar script. Mike1 has made some significant, positive changes to this version. It has great potential... and we should thank Mike1 for providing the "Recurring Events" mod as well. However... it still needs some work to get it functioning well enough (without bugs) for use in an actual online site. Keep refining this one Mike.  :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:06:27 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »

Rocks: This is how I solved the edd event link. If it givs any help, just tell me.

## MULTI_USER - files manager panel
      $permit_upload = retrieve('permit_upload', 'users', 'id', $_SESSION['id']);
      if ($permit_upload == 'YES' || get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'level') == '1') {
      # admin panel mod
      echo '<div class="admpanel"><center><span class="admintitle">'.l('mu_upload files').'</span><br />'.l('admintips2a').'<br />';
      echo '<a href="files/" title="'.l('files').'">'.l('files').'</a>';
      echo '<p><a href="javascript: postMessage()" title="Add Event">Add Event</a></fieldset></p>';
      echo '</center></div>';
                ## END MULTI_USER files manager panel

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »

Actually... echo '<br /><a href="javascript: postMessage()" title="Add Event">Add Event</a>'; will do the job a bit better. There is no need to close </fieldset> since the opening tag is removed... and if we replace the opening <p>-tag... there is no need to close it either. The problem I am having though is that the javascript action - postMessage() is not opening the add message panel... it's throwing "404"... so maybe I have to check out the function that generates that "add event" panel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mike1

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 12:30:55 AM »

Actually... echo '<br /><a href="javascript: postMessage()" title="Add Event">Add Event</a>'; will do the job a bit better. There is no need to close </fieldset> since the opening tag is removed... and if we replace the opening <p>-tag... there is no need to close it either. The problem I am having though is that the javascript action - postMessage() is not opening the add message panel... it's throwing "404"... so maybe I have to check out the function that generates that "add event" panel.

check step 7

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 02:22:54 AM »

Yepp... I've done Step 7. So what would keep the link from functioning properly?

mike1

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 03:10:33 AM »

step 7 adds another javascript function to the js() function that is activated if you are logged into the snews admin.  The javascript postmessage() in the add event link calls that function.  There would be 2 reasons that it isnt working.

1.  check the path to eventform.php in step 7.  Because youre calling it from snews.php, it should read <calendar directory>/eventform.php
2.  postmessage() is being declared twice in your snews index.php.  One of the declarations says the path to eventform.php is just plain eventform.php, while the second declaration is correct (cal/eventform.php).  You can only have one declaration, so I would check your source.

In all likelihood, its the second issue

Even if that doesn't work, you can add events through the calendar page by logging in and clicking on the date (which I find more convenient since the date is automatically filled in)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »

2.  postmessage() is being declared twice in your snews index.php.  One of the declarations says the path to eventform.php is just plain eventform.php, while the second declaration is correct (cal/eventform.php).  You can only have one declaration, so I would check your source.

Even if that doesn't work, you can add events through the calendar page by logging in and clicking on the date (which I find more convenient since the date is automatically filled in)
Thanks Mike. The path in the js function is correct... there by default... and the file is located (with all others) in root/cal. As you note... the link in the "Files" panel isn't required since all events can be added/edited/deleted by the Admin by date-clicking when logged in.

mike1

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »

are there 2 declarations of postmessage() when you view source?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 02:41:20 AM »

No... only one. Interesting discovery though... I re-activated the "Add Event" link under the "Files" link in function administration. Clicking it in Firefox renders the "Add Event" pop-up OK... yet in IE7 the pop-up continues to throw the sNews "404" error message... within a full template... "Requested contents could not be found. Please go back or use the search feature." Now... why would it work OK in FF and not in IE7  ???

Anders Hansen

• Yehaaaaa
    • Kaff
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 02:48:40 AM »

No... only one. Interesting discovery though... I re-activated the "Add Event" link under the "Files" link in function administration. Clicking it in Firefox renders the "Add Event" pop-up OK... yet in IE7 the pop-up continues to throw the sNews "404" error message... within a full template... "Requested contents could not be found. Please go back or use the search feature." Now... why would it work OK in FF and not in IE7  ???

Do you have the same problem when you log in to my site key? Coz i dont have the same problem as you when I use safari.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:12 AM »

Do you have the same problem when you log in to my site key? Coz i dont have the same problem as you when I use safari.
Yes... as a matter of fact... I do... the "404" page displays in IE7... in the Add Event Panel on your site too... it IS a friggin' IE7 issue  :(
I know... the quick answer is stop using IE7... but in reality... we will have to make things work with it even it is a pain in the **s because most average, everyday computer users have it on their Windows-powered machines. Dissappointing... eh?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 03:04:06 AM by Keyrocks »

Joost

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 03:17:52 AM »

This means that the request, send by IE7 is malformed and is not recognized by sNews/Calendar. Find out what should have been send and what has been received by sNews.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4