Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pages listed under Categories  (Read 11442 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Pages listed under Categories
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 02:18:00 AM »

Why not try position IN (1,3) to avoid the entire function completly, just add it to Philmoz's function and you should be set.  Unless of course a total distinction is needed...
Yes... I see what IN (1,3) does now (a new trick for this old dog...). So we have three function options... page_categories, article_categories, or both_in_categories (pages & articles).
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

centered

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 02:43:46 AM »

Or maybe a switch in a single function too... less code to write and maintain :D

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:58:28 PM »

Or maybe a switch in a single function too... less code to write and maintain :D
Anything that reduces the amount of code in any function... while maintaining functionality... is a worthy improvement. I am not too good at making up switches yet though... and I wonder how that might work.... like how would one be able to change menus with a switch-case set?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

centered

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »

Switches?  Gotta work on them myself too!

harry_ej

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 02:52:49 PM »

Pages in Categories Completed
Thanks to Bakercad's contribution of a new sitemap function... I have completed a version of the default sNews 1.6 package that lists Pages by Category as well as Articles by Category... with the ability to assign extra contents to all article pages in a category or to all pages in a category. Articles and pages can also be re-ordered within their category groups as well.

I have not posted it as another "package" in the Mods & Addons forum yet. Before doing so, I need an indication of how many of you are seriously interested in having an sNews 1.6 that offers the additional feature of posting Pages to Categories. If there is a lot of interest, I will post the package as a download. 

Is this subversion avaliable as of yet?

Harry

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »

Is this subversion avaliable as of yet?
Harry
No, not yet. I have been holding off since there is a good chance the pages-in-categories functionality may be included in sNews 1.7. We're working on 1.7 now and expect to release it on April 2, 2008.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

** PROJECT UPDATE **
Integration of several mods has led to a smooth, stable Mod-set. I've posted in in the 1.6 Mods & Addons Forum... ready to put to good use.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]