Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Use of SEO Friendly Forum  (Read 5746 times)

ajayvibha

• http://www.obiztek.com
Use of SEO Friendly Forum
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »

Hi,

sNews in one of the simple & powerful CMS I have every seens in so many years.

At present for forum you are using PunBB forum software which is another good application but lacks SEO friendliness .It will be helpful if you can share you SEO friendly htaccess rewritting / modification skills with them
.It will help all in addition to the fact that sNews will also get good advantage in search engines.

Out of various forums software( phpbb. vb bullet, SMF, max and som many) there are many htacess rewritee available but I feel that vbSEO is one of the organisaed SEO friendly forum .I have seen thier use at http://forum.time2dine.co.nz/seo-vbulletin/vbseo-vbulletin-url-rewrite-hack-5193.html which looks quite good

I am also making a post in PunBB for more relevant of the subject.
Regards,
AjayVibha
Online Business Technologies (OBizTek)
SEO | Hosting | Design

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:14:32 AM »

At present the sNews Dudes and developers are in the process of completing a news home for sNews, which will have its own URL and support forums.  We will be using different forum software at sNews' new home.
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future

Luka

• Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • http://www.snewscms.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »

We'll switch to SMF soon and besides, I'm not a SEO freak. I don't judge forum by it's link structure.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »

Nah... SMF seems great. Quite well suited for our needs. It'll rock our socks of...
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:01:44 PM »

Quote from: Luka
We'll switch to SMF soon and besides, I'm not a SEO freak. I don't judge forum by it's link structure.
AyJay (new nick)... As the original author of the sNews core, Luka does consult with the sNews Dudes on almost all matters about sNews, then his decisions... usually based on our input... are final. The Dudes generally agree that SEO is not a high priority for the sNews Forums, mainly because a huge increase in traffic would bring with it a lot of extra maintenance and moderation time. Since we Admins and Moderators do this in our spare time (not as a paid job), we would rather let the popularity of sNews grow slowly rather than like a tropical storm or hurricane. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

ajayvibha

• http://www.obiztek.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:48 AM »

keyrocks -Yes I can see your point .

Just out of the subject - I am thankful to your website snews.ca which has helped me a lot in setting up XAMPP on my local PC along with tips about htaccess suport.It really helps to test the application on local PC.Earlier I used to test the application online which was quite time consuming and was not friendly.

Being a SEO Geek,  I will try to give to SEO specific support to sNEWS in the spare time.
Regards,
AjayVibha
Online Business Technologies (OBizTek)
SEO | Hosting | Design

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

Quote from: ajayvibha
keyrocks -Yes I can see your point .
Just out of the subject - I am thankful to your website snews.ca which has helped me a lot in setting up XAMPP on my local PC along with tips about htaccess suport. It really helps to test the application on local PC.Earlier I used to test the application online which was quite time consuming and was not friendly.
Being a SEO Geek,  I will try to give to SEO specific support to sNEWS in the spare time.
It is good to hear the info there is helpful, even though sNews.ca has not been updated for some time. I have been working (slowly and intermittently) on a re-boot to re-fresh the look, re-organize and add new content. It currently runs sNews 1.4 with a lot of static content being fed into the template from individual files. The re-boot will put all content into the database for easy online updating.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 02:44:50 PM »

Whohaaa, finally we can toss the old saying:

"It's impossible to teach old dogs to sit"

Out the window :lol: Dougie is going automated ;)
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated