Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [Addon Package] Whizzywig editor  (Read 60443 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: [Addon Package] Whizzywig editor
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »

Hello Keyrocks,

Works great! Thanks.
I've contributed a Hebrew translation of the Multi User version.
It's here: http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=4608.0

All best,
Goran

Adn thank you for contributing your Hebrew translation Goran... I'm sure it will be appreciated by other members who need it.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

WDA1.com

• We Dance As One: All That Is Good In Dance Music
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2008, 03:39:29 AM »

Being such a new user to sNews, having WHIZZYWIG would do me wonders, but I really can't seem to figure out how to get this installed.  I don't suppose someone would be willing to assist me in the install of this?  I seriously am NOT that versed in this enough yet to do this on my own.  Any assistance would be VERY welcome. 
If someone could email me at wda1@wda1.com or IM me on AIM or YAHOO!  (screen name: triandrew2001)  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...

-andrew
I'm not suffering from insanity... I'm enjoying it fully.

Jochum Meester

• JochumMeester.com
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2008, 06:12:10 PM »

Hi everyone! Nice to be back here again (since quite some time!),

I've used this editor for sNews 1.6 and I found the following
(hope this hasn't been mentioned in this topic already, didn't really check to be honest... :-[)
on the Contact page, the word that describes the textarea (Message isn't it?) is aligned to the right. Screenshot here:

Did anyone else get this? Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: I already found a solution in the following line (which was added to implement whizzywig):
Code: [Select]
$output = '<p>'.$lbl.':<br />That break (<br />) is not in there (though it is visibly written by the coder who wrote it), but should be in there in my case, otherwise the textarea immediately follows the 'message' word. That's probably why the word was aligned as for to the right as possible.

Full code (see 6th line):
case 'textarea':
        if ($_SESSION[db('website').'Logged_In'] == token()) {
         $output = '<textarea name="'.$name.'" id="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'" cols="80"'.$attribs.' style="width:97%;height:10em;">'.$value.'</textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">buttonPath = "buttons/"; makeWhizzyWig("'.$name.'","all"); </script>'; break;
        } else {
        $output = '<p>'.$lbl.':<br />
<textarea name="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'"cols="'.$cols.'"'.$attribs.'>'.$value.'</textarea></p>';
        }
        break;
}
echo $output;
}

To find out where the above code needs to go in snews.php, check the topic's first post.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 06:24:51 PM by Jochum Meester »

oka

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »

thanks for the add on..  ;D

Simple

• Simple webDesign
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »

Did anybody tried to put this on sNews 1.7? I treid, but it doesn't work. can anyone give me some hints?
This is what i've done:
- extracted the js's in the js folder.
- at function title(), i've replaced:
if ( $_SESSION[_SITE.'Logged_In'] == token()) {echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="js/admin.js"></script>';}with;
    if ( $_SESSION[_SITE.'Logged_In'] == token()) {echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="js/whizzywig.js"></script>';}
    if ( $_SESSION[_SITE.'Logged_In'] == token()) {echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="js/xhtml.js"></script>';}
}
- in the // FORM GENERATOR i've replaced:
case 'textarea': $output = '<p>'.$lbl.':<br /><textarea name="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'" cols="'.$cols.'"'.$attribs.'>'.$value.'</textarea></p>'; break;with
# Wyzz Text Editor Mod
    case 'textarea':
        if ($_SESSION[db('website').'Logged_In'] == token()) {
         $output = '<textarea name="'.$name.'" id="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'" cols="80"'.$attribs.' style="width:97%;height:28em;">'.$value.'</textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">buttonPath = "buttons/"; makeWhizzyWig("'.$name.'","all"); </script>'; break;
        } else {
        $output = '<p>'.$lbl.':
<textarea name="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'"cols="'.$cols.'"'.$attribs.'>'.$value.'</textarea></p>';
        }
break;
And so far it should work, no? :)

EDIT: I figure it out eventually :). If that's ok, i will post the steps on the dedicated forum for sNews 1.7.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:32:18 PM by Simple »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2008, 05:35:19 PM »

EDIT: I figured it out eventually :). If that's ok, i will post the steps on the dedicated forum for sNews 1.7.

Thanks. Yes, post it in 1.7RC once you have it working smoothly.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »

I just downloaded and installed this Editor on my localhost sNews 1.6 Modular project... using Joost's package for reference and files... and noticed that the word.gif image was missing in the buttons images folder. If anyone else has found it missing in their buttons folder... you can go to the Official Demo page and right-click on the "Word" button in the Editor Button bar... click "Save Picture as..." and save the word.gif to your folder location.

I haven't given it a full test-run yet but will do so now.

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

I just downloaded and installed this Editor on my localhost sNews 1.6 Modular project... using Joost's package for reference and files... and noticed that the word.gif image was missing in the buttons images folder. If anyone else has found it missing in their buttons folder... you can go to the Official Demo page and right-click on the "Word" button in the Editor Button bar... click "Save Picture as..." and save the word.gif to your folder location.

I haven't given it a full test-run yet but will do so now.

I had this experience with it:
 - when you are logged in, the editor is loaded on every comment form, and is slow and annoying. I tested it for clients but I given up. Is not user error proof... I'm curious what is your conclusion.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »

General Overall Impression: It is definitely a very small package - just 35.9KB with the buttons images folder and 2 jscript files in one folder. On the down side... Although it applies to the Contact and Comment forms only while you are logged in as the Admin, performance suffers (slower loading) as a result. And it seems to have some quirky characteristics which make it not-so-convenient to use.

For example... (in IE7) if you have already applied styling and another font to your content and you apply some other buttons to some copy... all of the content reverts back to its default font with no styling... making it necessary to apply all your font and styling choices over again. Perhaps this becomes less of an issue when you develop the habit of getting all your content and images into place and complete all editing and leaving the styling, font and style changes to the end before saving.

I also noticed that - although bullet and numbered lists are applied in the Edit view... they are not applied in the normal display after editing. These tests are with a default style.css file so there should not be any styling conflict.

Including an Image in Content: The image inclusion panel requires you to write or paste in the full URL to the image. This can be a bit inconvenient, since the image must already reside on your (or someone else's) server before you use it. With sNews, you would need to upload the image first using the sNews Files Upload Panel... then go back to your article Edit panel and write in the full URL to the image where it is on your server.

Personally... if I needed a wizzy editor, I would not choose this one.

Joost

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 03:30:44 AM »

I had this experience with it:
 - when you are logged in, the editor is loaded on every comment form, and is slow and annoying. I tested it for clients but I given up. Is not user error proof... I'm curious what is your conclusion.

I am sure there's a way to make it load on admin pages only. I didn't find it that important, since I used it on a project where comments is disabled.
Sure it is not user error proof. No editor is. Do you have any idea the "creativeness" of people to mess up? No matter whether you install FCKeditor tinymce,... whatever. They always find a way. ;D
I always discuss fonts, colours, headers, backgrounds, image positioning etc. and implement it in a stylesheet. That way, they won't have to add style by means of the editor.... wrong assumption. ::)
Whizzywig is quite nice for writing text without having to look at html. And you can paste Word in the editor. But don't use it to paint a van Gogh ;)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »

Whizzywig is quite nice for writing text without having to look at html.

Yes it is. Which causes me to wonder if we might be able to modify the sNews Simple Editor so that the user could simply switch the main textarea to "Preview" and back to "Compose" (html view) to view the results quicker than having to click the "Preview" panel and have both open at the same time?

zippoxer

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »

Please help me change the Whizzywig textbox's direction to RTL (right-to-left)
I tried but I didn't succeed.. :(

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »

Please help me change the Whizzywig textbox's direction to RTL (right-to-left)
I tried but I didn't succeed.. :(

I would not be able to help you on that one.
You might have some luck looking for help on the Whizzywig website and/or help forums for information on how to modify the script.  ;)

ewroman

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »

EDIT: I figured it out eventually :). If that's ok, i will post the steps on the dedicated forum for sNews 1.7.

Thanks. Yes, post it in 1.7RC once you have it working smoothly.  :)

i have integrated whizzywig editor to the 1.7 version.

on //TITLE section (line 252) where it says ;

if (_ADMIN) {
echo '<script type="text/javascript">';
include('js/admin.js');
echo '</script>';

replace this with:
if (_ADMIN) {
echo '<script type="text/javascript">';
include('js/admin.js');
echo '</script>';
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="whizzywig.js"></script>';
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="xhtml.js"></script>';

and also on // FORM GENERATOR section (line 1558)
/*case 'textarea':
$output = '<p>'.$lbl.':<br />
<textarea name="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'" cols="'.$cols.'"'.$attribs.'>'.$value.
'</textarea></p>'; break;*/

replace with
if (_ADMIN) {
         $output = '<textarea name="'.$name.'" id="'.$name.'" rows="'.$rows.'" cols="80"'.$attribs.' style="width:97%;height:28em;">'.$value.'</textarea>
        } else {
        $output = '<p>'.$lbl.':
        }
        break;

at the code above where it says = "buttons/" it is the wihzzywig button icon folder, replace it with yours.

it worked for me, (inshaallah I didnt write wrong forum topic, place)  :)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:07:41 PM by ewroman »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »

i have integrated whizzywig editor to the 1.7 version.

Thanks for sharing ewroman... here is fine...  8)and welcome to the sNews Project.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5