Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Separate admin area, is it possible?  (Read 12037 times)

mikec

Re: Separate admin area, is it possible?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 03:26:42 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to have a seperate layout for Public vs Admin section. I have tried some of the options listed above to no avail. Please let me know. Thanks.

Joost

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 04:28:03 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to have a seperate layout for Public vs Admin section. I have tried some of the options listed above to no avail. Please let me know. Thanks.

Welcome to sNews mikec, :)

The code you've tried was corrupted due to some database issues after forum migration. The code should be ok now.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »

My approach (so far) as been to use Bakercad's Switcherizer2 Templates Mod and use a separate template for the Admin when logged in. The trick is getting all admin actions and functions listed in the revised index.php that is part of the Switcherizer2 mod.
Note: All Dudes do not necessarily use Bakercad's Switcherizer2 mod or subscribe to its efficiency in terms of potential server load increases... but I am satisfied with it.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Nicu Alecu

• BLUEBYTE.ro // IT consultant
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

And there's one more solution if you don't want to use switcherizer2 (which is a really nice mod indeed).
The title says it all,    
[micro-mod]Really really really simple admin/public content splitting
, by AgentSmith; it's that simple!
Pages: 1 [2]