Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [MOD] Multiple Languages  (Read 21072 times)

Rui Mendes

• Development,Testing, Support
  • sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
Re: [MOD] Multiple Languages
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

Hello Doug.
I send to you a PM.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:09:01 PM by Keyrocks »
Need a Job on Europe. Linkdin - Facebook / Group

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 09:09:17 PM »

Hello Doug.
I send to you a PM.
Check your e-mail  ;)
I answered my first question... found the answer in the readme.html file.
To answer the second one... I guess I'll just have to install it and find out... eh?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »

Doug give me 1hour, I'm working.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »

Sure... no problem... even though it is Saturday and you should have the day off... no?  ;D
The only problem I am having with my switch mod is that I cannot use the s('language') variable in it... within my config.php file. It keeps throwing the Call to undefined function s() message.
But, when I create a static variable as - $gl['language'] = 'english'; - I can use the gl('language') within the switch and it works fine.
But... I need to get the variable value out of the settings table (row 7, by default).
Question... any idea why the "s" variable won't work there?  ???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 11:53:23 PM »

Yes must work, teaching.  ;D
I'm sorry, my delay.

I've same problem with variables in my package am, when try help elessar, but no success  :(.
I know we can use global variables, maybe this works, not try yet.

Another way:
In my sNews AM, I use variables in separeted file.
try to use include your config.php inside "function snews_startup", before (update_articles;)

About another question: You need to create and save to each languages, to be displayed when site language change, maybe we can discuss another way to do this.

Today I did some progress with sNews gallery (navigation on images)

I'm sorry again my friend.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:24 PM »

Thanks Rui... no problem. I finally got it working as desired... actually about 2 minutes ago... and a modded version of bakercad's template switch script was not required.  ;D
It is funny how bits of script will work in some locations but not others. I know there is some simple reason why this happens but someone else with more knowledge than I will have to tell me what it is.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:01:10 AM by Keyrocks »

Boogada

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 11:06:11 AM »

hey,

here I am again, I got this mod now running on my new site . I changed some stuff in the snews.php file too to get the menu and the contact form translated. but I have one question: how can I link to an article? if I am currently looking at the german version (default) and click on a link to one of the english articles I get an 404 error. so how can get links to specific articles that I can use at some other page?

Joost

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »

@Boogada

You cannot link to a page that is not a default language. This mod is session based. Probably not default languages won't be indexed by search engines either.

Boogada

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 01:23:45 PM »

@Boogada

You cannot link to a page that is not a default language. This mod is session based. Probably not default languages won't be indexed by search engines either.

meh. this is of course not what I wanted to read. is this supposed to be a feature in a future version or some different multi-language mod. I don't really need this fast, I need to create some more translated content first.

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 09:51:41 AM »

Hello Boogada.

One version I did [WIP] can do this, I don't know where I put it, I'll try find that version and you can solve your problem.

I can say, you need to create a link to that article (and switch function inside to change language).

This project is stop for now, need to finish sNews Gallery first. When finish, I will rewrite code (no session need)

Your website is very good, congratulations.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 10:06:15 AM by Rui Mendes »

marcos

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

@Rui, the RSS is also separated by language? For example someone will select the german language interface and he will subscribe on RSS feeds. He will receive only german articles?

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 10:04:06 PM »

When I finish my sNews Gallery, I restart this project (rewrite code), I try make this happen like you said. No sense with other way, yes you will receive only german articles.

marcos

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 02:59:06 AM »

Yeah cool!  ;D I will wait. Thanks.

henrich

• Passion for quality and excellence!
    • My personal blog and portofolio
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »

A bug we have found regarding the future posting feature, the bug was present (has affected) simple sNews 1.6 package and sNews 1.6 + ML (Multiple Languages).

With Rui Mendes, together we have fixed also this bug. See there http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=6680.0
By(e) Henrich :)
------------------------------
IT related blog

Nicu Alecu

• BLUEBYTE.ro // IT consultant
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 10:11:47 AM »

Question to Rui (or anybody else who knows anything about this!

I have several ML installations running on various domains and everything's peachy (well, almost, ;)) except for one huge issue which I didn't notice until recently. Here it goes: on all off this installs I added the Google Sitemap Add-on and started monitoring the indexed URLs using google's wm tools; funny thing is ... all the pages and/or articles do not get indexed and I get this warnings (on each and all of them!):
URLs not followed!
When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs were not accessible to Googlebot because they contained too many redirects. Please change the URLs in your Sitemap that redirect and replace them with the destination URL (the redirect target). All valid URLs will still be submitted.
And the error:
HTTP Error: 302 (Moved temporarily)
And big G's explanation:
The server is currently responding to the request with a page from a different location, but the requestor should continue to use the original location for future requests. This code is similar to a 301 in that for a GET or HEAD request, it automatically forwards the requestor to a different location, but you shouldn't use it to tell the Googlebot that a page or site has moved because Googlebot will continue to crawl and index the original location.
And a more extensive explanation (also from big G): here

Now I can understand that this can come from the specific alterations in .htaccess which are there for good "friendly url" reasons, but it messes up the SEF status of all articles and pages.

I did some testing, it only occurs in Rui's ML version, no matter what other mods/add-ons are added (it pops up on pure blank ML install, too).
I'm pretty sure .htaccess alterations are to blame (yeah, I'm that smart  ;)) but I have no clue as what to do to make it disappear (yeah, I'm not that smart :D).
Any help would be highly appreciated, or I'll have to ditch all the ML installs and go for some other solution (like multiple installs of some kind), and I'm not very happy about that.  :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4