Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [MOD] Simple MySQL Backup v0.1 (no system calls)  (Read 20137 times)

Ghassem Tofighi

• http://ght.ir
[MOD] Simple MySQL Backup v0.1 (no system calls)
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 06:58:50 PM »

dear bramsyuur
can you add a php cron job to your mod , and add an option to settings menu for backup and MAIL that backup to us at some time intervals ?
Be A Color Pencil For Painting The World !

Ken Dahlin

• http://www.kendahlin.com/
[MOD] Simple MySQL Backup v0.1 (no system calls)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

solo

Re: [MOD] Simple MySQL Backup v0.1 (no system calls)
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »

External DB Util for backup ANY MySQL database is still here : http://rapidshare.com/files/21030502/dumper.zip
Unpack it to the root of your site. That's all.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »

Has anyone installed this mod and have it working OK online?
[EDITED] I did experience problems at first. The problem was solved quickly - moved a part of the script from one location to another - bingo - working fine now.  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:15:08 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »

Only offline, I still gather mods :) . @bramsyuur, I want to see a list with all tables from database, I want to check what I want to save because on my database I have also wordpress tables. On many ISP's here in Romania you have only one mysql database. So, this is very useful also for other cms's installed....

Is good to have a backup directory on server because your ISP can have problems with email server. And if transmission is a failure ... no backup.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed... if you don't receive the back-up attached to an e-mail, you should be able to click on the file-link in the back-up panel (after doing the back-up) and download it directly to your home or office computer. It's working that way for me, both offline and online.  :)

The script will only back-up the sNews site's database right now because it is configured to use the database access information generated in the sNews database configuration variables that you enter in at the top of your snews.php (or other config) file. In order to have it work with another database, it would need to be reconfigured to do the same with other other database(s) as well. I'm not sure that its possible at this point.

Note: I don't think Bramsyuur is visiting the forums much these days. He recently got married and is working hard in his day-job... so we could say his time is 'fully consumed'. He hasn't responded to e-mails or PMs lately.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:46:49 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Rui Mendes

• Development,Testing, Support
  • sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

Yes works 100% online and offline.

So far no problems
Need a Job on Europe. Linkdin - Facebook / Group

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »

The script will only back-up the sNews site's database right now because it is configured to use the database access information generated in the sNews database configuration variables that you enter in at the top of your snews.php (or other config) file. In order to have it work with another database, it would need to be reconfigured to do the same with other other database(s) as well. I'm not sure that its possible at this point............

I'm sorry Keyrock, my english is not good. In Romania, when you have a free web hosting account (www.yeahost.com), you get 50mb disk space and only one database . So, if you want to test more cms's (wordpress, e107, snews) you can do it in separate directories but all tables in that one database. So, wordpress have a prefix for his tables (something like wp_*), e107 have (by example) e107_* for his tables, etc. - a huge database. That's why I need a selection of tables from that database. sNews database is shared between snews and wordpress in my situation.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:22:25 PM by funlw65 »

Armen

• http://www.funnydays.ru
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »

Outstanding mod.

Saved me a lot of time, because PhpMyAdmin doesn't like to export text in non-UTF8 codepages.
It takes hellalotofmodding to make it work.

And this mod... Simply perfect. Thank you so much.
Now ogres, oh, they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes... Actually, it's quite good on toast.

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 11:57:05 PM »

I think will be great to have a list or variable array with all table names of sNews. In this way, this mod can save only sNews tables from a shared mysql database. A variable in snews.php . What you think guys?

Armen

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »

Good idea.

And we could add a checkbox with an option whether to backup the whole DB or just current snews' installation (based on specified prefix, I guess) part of DB.
Now ogres, oh, they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes... Actually, it's quite good on toast.

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »

One more tought:

Is good to have a little mysql admin in snews. In this way, table names can be in a table. And very easy to add a new field or a table, (with table name recorded in that table). Very handy for a snews developer and easy for backup!!!

Armen

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »

One more tought:

Is good to have a little mysql admin in snews. In this way, table names can be in a table. And very easy to add a new field or a table, (with table name recorded in that table). Very handy for a snews developer and easy for backup!!!

This... I think this is a little too much. There's PhpMyAdmin for such tasks, or plenty of many other small but powerful scripts, all you have to do is to link them to sNews through your admin panel, like I did.

For example: http://phpminiadmin.sourceforge.net/

If you want, I'll teach you how to password-protect it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:23:56 AM by Armen »

funlw65

• Country Lab
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 11:12:16 PM »

So, this tool exist! Thank you for link. Yes, I want to know how to protect it. Maybe in final version is not necessary this tool but for a snews (where nothing is settled) developer is great (I know phpMyAdmin).

So we remain at an extended version of bramsyuur mod and your ideea: saving entire database or just snews tables.

Yes! This minitool is great with export/import functions. Thank you again!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:20:23 PM by funlw65 »

Armen

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 12:23:16 AM »

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:34:17 AM by Armen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4