Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Portuguese language  (Read 16700 times)

Knitter

Re: Portuguese language
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »

I'm also involved in a lot of projects, I'm sorry but I can't see that as an excuse. :D

I'm almost finishing the revision on what you have translated, I'll post it here today, maybe another hour or so, I still have to test it in an sNews installation, and I have to confirm that all strings are translated as I just found that the posted translation is missing a few variables, maybe something added after you posting.

As to what I think is more constructive, well, a contribution is always the best option, but most users don't really know how to contribute. They don't know what i18n is, or that such thing exists. I've seen users complain, in a polite and constructive way, that the system is bad because the options are hard to read, instead of contacting the translator responsible for the translation. Some don't know that a forum exists to support translation efforts, some don't know that the translation was created by volunteers. Whatever the reasons, most users don't help because they don't know how. It's not that they attack.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 04:19:13 PM »

@ Knitter...
Your Avatar suggests you are a nice Pussy-cat. As has been said before many times on these Forums... everything posted here by any registered members - including Rui and the rest of the Dudes (and me too) - is contributed, voluntarily, for free... as our way of sharing with one another so that others might benefit. We do not do any of this for financial gain. We do not provide ANY guarantee of any level of perfection in our contributions... including translated language files.

And... for that reason... everyone - including yourself - is encouraged to improve something when you can improve it... and share it as well... rather than simply toss out criticism and request someone else improve it for you. I trust you'll gain from your experience by improving and sharing.  ;)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Knitter

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »

I cannot, really I can't, understand why you wrote that. Not about the avatar, that will soon change, but about the volunteer work.

I have criticized, yes, and will continue to do so in a constructive way, as I have done so far, and I expect you to do the same about any of my work.
I understand that the work is volunteer in nature, I merely point out that I have seen users unaware of such nature and requesting a better software, I was speaking generally and not addressing anyone particular.

As I said about the work Rui has done, I appreciate it and welcome it. But I cannot be indifferent to the fact that the translation could have done better with a little testing. I don't think I'm bashing or badmouthing his work. I never do that, and if that was what some have understand from my postings, then take another look and you'll see that you wore wrong.

Now, as to contributing some of my time to the translation, I believe I made it clear, more than once, that I was going to, in fact I remember stating that I was already working on it. And it seems I was able to finish this first stage of translation faster than I thought, here is my suggestion for the translation changes, please revise it and provide comments where you see fit:

Code: (PHP) [Select]
<?php

#SITE LANGUAGE VARIABLES
$l['home'] = 'Início';
$l['home_sef'] = 'inicio'//default value is used only if "home_SEF" is not set in the database - allowed characters are [a-z] [A-Z] [0-9] [-] [_]
$l['archive'] = 'Arquivo';
$l['rss_feed'] = 'RSS Feed';
$l['contact'] = 'Contacto';
$l['sitemap'] = 'Mapa do Site';
#categories
$l['month_names'] = 'Janeiro, Fevereiro, Março, Abril, Maio, Junho, Julho, Agosto, Setembro, Outubro, Novembro, Dezembro';
#search
$l['search_keywords'] = 'termos de pesquisa';
$l['search_button'] = '>>';
$l['search_results'] = 'Resultados da pesquisa';
$l['charerror'] = 'São necessários, pelo menos, 4 letras para efectuar uma pesquisa.';
$l['noresults'] = 'Não foram encontrados resultados para o(s) termo(s) de pesquisa ';
$l['resultsfound'] = 'resultados para o(s) termo(s)';
#comments
$l['addcomment'] = 'Escrever um comentário';
$l['comment'] = 'Comentário';
$l['comment_info'] = 'Comentário escrito em';
$l['page'] = 'Página';
$l['on'] = 'em'// preposition word used in comments infoline
#paginator
$l['first_page'] = 'Primeiro';
$l['last_page'] = 'Último';
$l['previous_page'] = 'Anterior';
$l['next_page'] = 'Próximo';
$l['name'] = 'Nome';
#comments
$l['comment_sent'] = 'O seu comentário foi enviado com sucesso';
$l['comment_sent_approve'] = 'O seu comentário espera por aprovação.';
$l['comment_error'] = 'O seu comentário não foi enviado';
$l['comment_back'] = 'Voltar ao comentário';
$l['no_comment'] = 'Este artigo ainda não foi comentado.';
$l['no_comments'] = 'Sem comentários';
$l['ce_reasons'] = '<strong>Razões possíveis:</strong> Deixou em branco a coluna, o comentário é muito curto ou errou a conta apresentada.';
$l['url'] = 'Endereço Web';
#contact
$l['required'] = '* = campo obrigatório';
$l['email'] = 'Correio Electrónico';
$l['message'] = 'Mensagem';
$l['math_captcha'] = 'Para evitar spam, calcule a soma destes 2 números';
$l['contact_sent'] = 'Obrigado, a sua mensagem foi enviada.';
$l['contact_not_sent'] = 'A sua mensagem não foi enviada';
$l['message_error'] = '<strong>Razões possíveis:</strong> Deixou os campos de nome ou de mensagem em branco, ou o endereço de correio electrónico não existe.';
#generic links
$l['backhome'] = '<strong>Voltar à página de início';
$l['backarticle'] = 'Voltar ao artigo';
$l['read_more'] = 'Ler mais';
#contents error
$l['article_not_exist'] = 'O artigo não existe';
$l['category_not_exist'] = 'A categoria pedida não existe';
$l['not_found'] = 'Não foi encontrado conteúdo';
#rss links
$l['rss_articles'] = 'RSS de Artigos';
$l['rss_pages'] = 'RSS de Páginas';
$l['rss_comments'] = 'RSS de Comentários';
$l['rss_comments_article'] = 'RSS de Comentários para este artigo';

#ADMINISTRATION LANGUAGE VARIABLES
#administration
$l['administration'] = 'Administrador';
$l['articles'] = 'Artigos';
$l['extra_contents'] = 'Conteúdo extra';
$l['pages'] = 'Páginas';
#basic buttons
$l['view'] = 'Ver';
$l['add_new'] = 'Adicionar Novo';
$l['admin_category'] = 'Nova Categoria';
$l['article_new'] = 'Novo Artigo';
$l['extra_new'] = 'Novo Conteúdo Extra';
$l['page_new'] = 'Nova Página';
$l['edit'] = 'Editar';
$l['delete'] = 'Apagar';
$l['save'] = 'Guardar';
$l['submit'] = 'Submeter';
#settings
$l['settings'] = 'Configurações';
$l['site_settings'] = 'Configurações do Site';
#login
$l['login_status'] = 'Estado do Login';
$l['login'] = 'Login';
$l['username'] = 'Utilizador';
$l['password'] = 'Palavra-passe';
$l['login_limit'] = 'Limitações de Utilizador/Palavra-pass: apenas 4-8 caracteres alfanuméricos';
$l['logged_in'] = 'Está ligado(a) ao sistema';
$l['log_out'] = 'A Sair';
$l['logout'] = 'Sair';
#categories
# "Uncategorized" (orphaned) links, Patch/fix July 23.08

$l['uncategorized'] = '<span style="color: #9c0000;">Sem Categoria</span>';
$l['categories'] = 'Categorias';
$l['category'] = 'Categoria';
$l['appear_category'] = 'Aparecer somente na Categoria';
$l['appear_page'] = 'Aparecer somente na Página';
$l['add_category'] = 'Nova categoria';
$l['category_order'] = 'Ordem da Categoria';
$l['order_category'] = 'Reordenar';
$l['description'] = 'Descrição';
$l['publish_category'] = 'Publicar categoria';
$l['status'] = 'Estado:';
$l['published'] = 'Publicado';
$l['unpublished'] = '<span style="color: #FF0000">Não Publicado</span>';
#articles
$l['article'] = 'Artigo';
$l['article_date'] = 'Data do Artigo (introduza uma data superior à actual para designar uma publicação futura)';
$l['preview'] = 'Pré-visualizar';
$l['no_articles'] = 'Não existem artigos neste momento';
#customize article
$l['customize'] = 'Personalizar';
$l['display_title'] = 'Exibir título';
$l['display_info'] = 'Exibir linha de informações (ler mais/ comentários/ data)';
$l['server_time'] = 'Hora no Servidor';
$l['future_posting'] = '<span style="color: #FF9900;">Publicação futura</span>';
$l['publish_date'] = 'Data de Publicação';
$l['day'] = 'Dia';
$l['month'] = 'Mês';
$l['year'] = 'Ano';
$l['hour'] = 'Hora';
$l['minute'] = 'Minuto';
$l['publish_article'] = 'Publicar artigo';
$l['operation_completed'] = 'Operação terminada com sucesso!';
$l['deleted_success'] = 'Removido com sucesso';
#files
$l['files'] = 'Ficheiros';
$l['upload'] = 'Enviar ficheiro';
$l['view_files'] = 'Ver os ficheiros no';
$l['file_error'] = 'Este ficheiro não pôde ser copiado!';
$l['deleted'] = 'Ficheiro apagado!';
#comments
$l['comments'] = 'Comentários';
$l['enable_commenting'] = 'Activar comentários';
$l['edit_comment'] = 'Editar comentário';
$l['freeze_comments'] = 'Congelar comentários';
$l['unfreeze_comments'] = 'Descongelar comentários';
$l['enable'] = 'Activar';
$l['approved'] = 'Aprovado';
$l['enabled'] = 'Activo';
$l['disabled'] = 'Desactivar';
$l['unapproved'] = 'Comentários não aprovados';
$l['wait_approval'] = 'Comentários à espera de aprovação ';
#article structure
$l['title'] = 'Título';
$l['sef_title'] = 'Título amigo de motores de pesquisa (será usado como um link para o artigo)';
$l['sef_title_cat'] = 'Título amigo de motores de pesquisa (será usado como um link para a categoria)';
$l['text'] = 'Texto';
$l['position'] = 'Posição';
$l['display_page'] = 'Página';
$l['center'] = 'Centro';
$l['contents'] = 'Conteúdos';
$l['side'] = 'Conteúdos extra';
#errors
$l['error_404'] = 'O conteúdo pedido não pôde ser encontrado. Por favor, volte à página inicial ou use a pesquisa.';
$l['error_not_logged_in'] = 'Você não está actualmente ligado e  não tem permissões para fazer isso.';
$l['admin_error'] = 'Erro';
$l['back'] = 'Voltar';
$l['err_TitleEmpty'] = 'O Título não pode ser nulo.';
$l['err_TitleExists'] = 'O Título já existe.';
$l['err_SEFEmpty'] = 'O Título SEF não pode ser vazio.';
$l['err_SEFExists'] = 'O Título SEF já existe.';
$l['err_SEFIllegal'] = 'O Título SEF contém letras ilegais. <br />Só pode usar : <strong>a-z 0-9_-</strong>Um novo endereço SEF foi seleccionado a partir do título. Por favor, verifique-o.';
$l['errNote'] = '<strong>Atenção:</strong>Dado que a maioria das opções de publicação é perdida quando alguma coisa corre mal, por favor, verique-as novamente antes de voltar a tentar a publicação.';
$l['warning_delete'] = 'Tem a certeza que deseja apagar isto?';
$l['image_url'] = 'Introduza o endereço URL da Imagem';
$l['image_alt'] = 'Introduza o Texto(Alt) da Imagem';
$l['file_url'] = 'Introduza o ficheiro URL';
$l['link_url'] = 'Introduza o Link URL';
$l['link_title'] = 'Introduza o Título do Link';
#settings form
$l['none'] = "Nenhum";
$l['change_up'] = 'Alterar o nome do "Utilizador" e sua respectiva "Palavra-passe"';
$l['newer_top'] = 'Novo no topo';
$l['newer_bottom'] = 'Novo em baixo';
$l['err_Login'] = 'Nome de Utilizador e/ou Palavra-passe e/ou resultado da soma incorrecto.';
$l['pass_mismatch'] = 'As Palavras-passe não condizem ou ultrapassam tamanho máximo';
$l['a_username'] = 'Utilizador';
$l['a_password'] = 'Palavra-passe';
$l['a_password2'] = 'Repetir palavra-passe';
$l['a_display_page'] = "Usar a Página como Início (página principal)";
$l['a_display_new_on_home'] = 'Mostrar os novos Artigos na página principal';
$l['a_display_pagination'] = 'Mostrar paginação nos artigos';
$l['a_website_title'] = 'Título do Site';
$l['a_home_sef'] = 'Início SEF (usado como link para <em>Início</em>)';
$l['a_website_email'] = 'Correio Electrónico';
$l['a_description'] = 'Descrição padrão para a META Tag (para sistemas de pesquisas)';
$l['a_keywords'] = 'Palavras-chave padrão para META Tag (palavras separadas por vírgula)';
$l['a_contact_info'] = 'Informação de Contacto';
$l['a_contact_subject'] = 'Sujeito do Formulário de Contacto';
$l['a_word_filter_file'] = 'Ficheiro de filtro para asneiras';
$l['a_word_filter_change'] = 'Substituição de palavras para asneiras';
$l['a_word_filter_enable'] = 'Activar Filtro de Asneiras';
$l['error_file_name'] = '<span style="color: #FF0000; font-weight: bold;">Erro de Include: Nome do ficheiro</span>';
$l['error_file_exists'] = '<span style="color: #FF0000; font-weight: bold;">Erro de Include: Ficheiro não existe</span>';
$l['a_num_categories'] = 'Mostrar números próximos da categoria';
$l['charset'] = 'Charset padrão. Para Portugal charset=iso-8859-1';
$l['a_time_settings'] = 'Configuração de Hora e Local';
$l['a_date_format'] = 'Formato da Data';
$l['a_comments_order'] = 'Ordem dos Comentários';
$l['a_comment_limit'] = 'Número de Resultados de Comentários por Página';
$l['a_rss_limit'] = 'Limite de Artigos RSS';
$l['a_approve_comments'] = 'Aprovar comentários antes de publicar';
$l['a_article_limit'] = 'Limite de Artigos por página';
$l['a_language'] = 'Idioma';
$l['description_meta'] = 'Descrição da META Tag (para motores de busca/sistemas de pesquisas)';
$l['keywords_meta'] = 'Palavra-chave de META Tag (palavras separadas por vírgula)';
$l['all'] = 'Todos';
#SYSTEM VARIABLES (not to be translated)
$l['home_sef'] = s('home_sef') == '' $l['home_sef'] : s('home_sef'); //reassign $l['home_sef'] to system home_sef if system is set.
$l['cat_listSEF'] = $l['home_sef'].',archive,contact,sitemap,rss-articles,rss-pages,rss-comments,login,administration,admin_category,admin_article,article_new,extra_new,page_new,categories,articles,extra_contents,pages,settings,files,logout'//SEF links of the hardcoded categories
$l['divider'] = '·'//divider character
$l['paginator'] = 'p_'// used in article pagination links
$l['file_include_extensions'] = 'php,txt,inc,htm,html'// list of file types available for inclusion routine
$l['allowed_files'] = 'php,htm,html,txt,inc,css,js,swf'// list of file types available for upload/file list routine
$l['allowed_images'] = 'gif,jpg,jpeg,png'// list of image types available for upload/file list routine
$l['ignored_items'] = '.,..,cgi-bin,.htaccess,Thumbs.db,snews.php,index.php,style.css'// list of files&folders ignored by upload/file list routine
?>

Unfortunately, I still can't understand your words on the fact that, because this is something done for free, using volunteer work and such, there is no guarantee of perfection. Though I don't seek perfection in what I do, I seek a basic level of correctness and I have a few standards, even for the things I offer.

Considering that I'm an open source advocate, and active contributer to various projects, either in translations, like Wesnoth, ProjectPier, NetBeans, or both programming and translating, like FreeCol, or simply in management of open source development teams, I'm very aware of what I can gain from sharing and improving, and what it means to have volunteer work.

I didn't "simply toss out criticism", in fact, my first message was against that kind of approach, and I can guarantee you I never request that someone improves something for me. I point out any problem I see and correct it if I can, if I can't, I can assure you I'll do everything I can to assist the one correcting the problem.

Well, I think my tone went up a bit here at the end, sorry for that, but I felt I was being misunderstood in you comments, and some of your words made me react in anger :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 04:41:18 PM by Knitter »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 08:37:50 PM »

@ Knitter...
My apologies... if the 'tone' of my post seemed to be unnecessary. I had no intention of offending you or increasing your level of madness.  ;)
The only thing I might add is that what Rui had posted originally was likely the best he was able to provide at that time. And the fact that you did take the time to provide an updated translation so quickly demonstrates your willingness to contribute.
Congratulations and a karma to you for your fine effort.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Knitter

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »

You could have spared that karma point, I really hate the SMF karma system, speaking of which, you should update your SMF version to a more recent one, 1.1.6 , for example, would be a good update.

As to my willingness, I'm always available to help in such a project, and besides, if it's a tool I'm using, I always try to see if I can help, since I'm not paying for it, it's the least I could do, or try ;). As far as more contributions, I'll try to give as much as I can, but I've been reading the forums and it seems this project is deviating from the original permissive and the one that made me choose this software, let's see what the new version brings us :D, either way, it's talk for other topics, and not this one.

On the topic's subject, I want to test the translation on a live system, as that depends on the time I take to create the template for that system, I don't know when that will be, most likely one or two days, but it can easily be one or two weeks, so any comments on the current suggestion are welcome. This, obviously, to the portuguese speaking users out there :D

Rui Mendes

• Development,Testing, Support
  • sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 11:18:50 PM »

Hello Knitter. Thank you to share and correct my words.

I'm also involved in a lot of projects, I'm sorry but I can't see that as an excuse. :D
Maybe not, when I did my translation, is before I went to USA :)

I have 5 jobs in same time (Project in Metal Structures, many projects as webdesigner, responsable to make cue sheets for All TV Shows "Novelas" from SIC television, teacher and sNews dude). Now I think you will understand. :P

If you have time: Please can you translate the new version sNews1.7RC2 ? Karma 2U

My new project is OOP for sNews.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 11:20:22 PM by Rui Mendes »
Need a Job on Europe. Linkdin - Facebook / Group

Knitter

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »

Yes I'll be able to provide translation to the next version, a few questions though:
a) Is there anyone working on it?
b) Has the next RC reached a string freeze state, or are the strings to change without notice?
c) Is there any support infrastructure for translators, or you just use the forum?
d) How do translators cooperate with developers?

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 11:42:26 PM »

Yes I'll be able to provide translation to the next version, a few questions though:
a) Is there anyone working on it?
b) Has the next RC reached a string freeze state, or are the strings to change without notice?
c) Is there any support infrastructure for translators, or you just use the forum?
d) How do translators cooperate with developers?

a) I don't know, I believe no.
b) No this RC2 is almost the final version, if we change anything I'll tell you.
c) We use only the forum.
d) I can give you the position "Translation Team"- early for translators

Once again thank you

Joost

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 12:10:13 AM »

Well I couldn't disagree more with your last statement :D
As a programmer, I can't see why aren't we able to see the difficulties of the average user.

Even if we do see it, it is not easy to find the right words to guide the user through the system.
Look (for instance) at the manual that come with a remote control. No one reads manuals, because no one understands manuals. This has improved over the last decade, because manufacturers now recognize the importance of well written manuals. They now hire specialists to do the job.
The same goes for translations. I found it hard to translate sNews to Dutch, as I am not a specialist. Some words/sentences were quite hard to translate, even though my mother language is Dutch. They sometimes loose meaning in the process.
Translating might be easy for you. For most of us, it is a tough job.

Knitter, thanks for your contribution and constructive criticism. :)

Regards,

Joost

Knitter

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 12:22:09 AM »

c) We use only the forum.
d) I can give you the position "Translation Team"- early for translators

Once again thank you
Ah, the forum, what an awful way to work :D, alas, if it's the forum you use, then the forum it will be.
No need for the position, if it's not needed for any special permission within the forum.

And no need to thank me before I start working, thank me in the end if you must, but I prefer that you point out what I do wrong and leave what I do right unnoticed.

Joost, you're right about manuals, no one ever reads them, it's in our nature to think that we don't need them. Off course, after spending two hours trying to get the that new TV working, without any success, one will start to look at the manual with very friendly eyes :D

Rui Mendes

• sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »

As a old student from ESTG I say welcome aboard.

My first degree Old ESTG was Electrical Engineering and my 2nd degree was Civil Engineering (I finish "4th year" 2007).

I live in Pombal, very close from Leiria as you know.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:52:05 AM by Rui Mendes »

Knitter

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 12:57:23 AM »

LOL, to find a school colleague here, who would have thought that!
I just finish my degree, now looking for a nice job :D, and in the mean time working on sNews, as it seems :D

alexvf

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 02:27:31 AM »

Hello Knitter,

Your previous translation seems to be great. But, when I was looking a little bit closer, I saw a word that doesn't fit in the context of the expression:
$l['a_contact_subject'] = 'Sujeito do Formulário de Contacto';

We (Portuguese like me and you  :)) use the word "Assunto" for the message title. Not "Sujeito".

It should be like this:
$l['a_contact_subject'] = 'Assunto do Formulário de Contacto';

Apart from that, and after taking a fast look, everything seems great.
Thanks for the translation!

Knitter

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »

You're completely right.
I don't know how that slipped but I'll correct it, unfortunately I haven't had the change to test the translation in a live system properly. 
Pages: 1 [2]