Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Number of articles per page + number of rss articles  (Read 4505 times)

Jochum Meester

• JochumMeester.com
Number of articles per page + number of rss articles
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:40:38 PM »

Please ignore this post if this has been done on purpose, but my settings were like this:
max number of articles per page: 4
max number of rss articles: 5

When I tried to change the articles per page to 5 (and leave rss articles at 5) and saved the settings, it said it had been successfully processed. But when I went back to the settings it showed articles per page = 4 and rss articles = 5 again. When I changed articles per page to 5 and rss articles to 6, it did save succesfully.
Is it not possible to have the same amount of articles per page and rss articles?

codetwist

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:50:22 PM »

1) Look at this code in array definition again:
Code: [Select]
$article_limit=>'article_limit', $rss_limit=>'rss_limit',2) Now, try to recall what exactly $article_limit and $rss_limit stands for.

Hope, this helps ;)

codetwist

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »

My point that original code works exactly as coded and contains bug that shows up when trying to set article limit equal to rss limit. Of course, code line You added fixed it.

Or You can offer different interpretation to that code I quoted (here I substituted value 5 from first post to help You out with this one, baker):
Code: [Select]
...,5=>'article_limit', 5=>'rss_limit',...Ever expecting to access element with key 5 and value 'article_limit' after such definition of array?

Hope, this helps ;)