Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Cannot use admin section (1.4)  (Read 3279 times)

centered

Cannot use admin section (1.4)
« on: April 19, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

Making this simple.  I can log in, but when I try and use the admin functions, I get logged out.  I have tried this with a base install and a modded install of sNews.

I used the default htaccess and I checked for the trailing slash.  

Please help, I am not sure what else to look for.  I have a working version on my localhost.

Joost

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »

So you are using sNews 1.4? Sure? :/
Let me get this straight: You log in and you are directed to the general admin page. But everything else you want to do doesn't work, you probably get to see a "page not found warning" and the login button is shown again. Is that it? If that is the case (please be more specific, next time), the problem might be the session-id. Then you would have to disable "session.auto_start"  or make sure index.php is not saved with BOM (byte order mark).
This is my short answer.  Give more details :)

centered

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 05:23:30 PM »

So you are using sNews 1.4? Sure?  
Let me get this straight: You log in and you are directed to the general admin page. But everything else you want to do doesn't work, you probably get to see a "page not found warning" and the login button is shown again. Is that it? If that is the case (please be more specific, next time), the problem might be the session-id. Then you would have to disable "session.auto_start"  or make sure index.php is not saved with BOM (byte order mark).
This is my short answer.  Give more details

Yes I am using 1.4.  I do not see a considerable difference between 1.4 and 1.5 without a few modifications. Plus my 1.4 is heavily modded with feature I need.

My process:
Login,
name,
Password
Logged in
New article
NOTHING
Logout button says Login and reverts back to a normal user menu.

No warning, no nothing. Any modifications that was done was using gEdit (Gnome text editor).  How can I disable session auto start and make sure none of the files where saved with BOM (never heard of that)

*EDIT*

Ok it is fixed, not sure what happened but I think my hosting server was reset
Thanks for your help!