Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SVG Help.  (Read 4969 times)

Status

SVG Help.
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:58:59 PM »

Ok, First, No clue if this is the right place for this, so, please move it (mods) if needed.

I'm trying to use a few SVG images on my site, I (Think) I've converted them with Inkscape (Not sure though) but I upload them and they don't show up.

and if that didn't work (As in with BBCode Img tags)
Clicky

any one got any clue?

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
SVG Help.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:09:59 PM »

hi,
trying to open the SVG in Safari through the link above it says error not wellformed -1 or something like that so I have to assume your SVG simply isn't correctly generated.

SVG maybe a standard and one that gets promoted by The Powers That Be every now and then, and I personally liked the idea of SVG, but in Real Life it's a pretty much unused format. As far as I know, Adobe apps (Illustrator and InDesign primarily) are the only ones that have sort of master creation and importing of SVG.
I use Illustrator whenever I feel like playing around with the format. Of course I always end up using one of the commonly accepted formats in production...

codetwist

SVG Help.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:51:12 PM »

With svg it's looking even more cumbersome than other standards IMHO. In IE6 with Adobe SVG viewer same what agent said. In Firefox ... just nothing, not native nor with Adobe SVG viewer.

Status

SVG Help.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »

ok, thanks.

ens

• http://www.meatysite.info
SVG Help.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:51:18 PM »

Status, try going File -> Export -> and it saves as a png file, that you can use on your webpage.