Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: How I Do To Prevent This Little Bug With The Text  (Read 4971 times)

Aristobulo Gomez Florez

How I Do To Prevent This Little Bug With The Text
« on: April 13, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »

This Is Waht I Am Talking About

It Happens When I Use A Long Word Or Sucesion Of Caracteres Like: asdasdasjdklasjdlajlajdlajldajlkjalsdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk2kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkdasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddasddddddaadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
asdalksdlakdlaksdlaksdlakdalsdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk2kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddadasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddadssssssssssssssssssdasda

I Dont Know What Is This And Neither How To Fix It, Could You Help Me????

Psd1: I Tried In The Snews Comunity in spanish and solucija main page in the New Free Template - Internet Corporation article and happen de same thing.

Psd2: I Tried to do the samething here in the forum but the long chain charecters was cut, example if it is 1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvmxyz here in the forum only display until de borders and the rest is gone it wil be 1234567890abcd and efghijklmnopqrstuvwwxyz is deleted.

how do you do that???

mosh

• Awesome day :)
    • cms-zen
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:36:45 PM »

if you insert space evrey few charachters like in normal writing it will break the line inside the container.
try this:
sdsdads sasdasd sdhgyu6gh hjj hjhj78456 5hghg gfhgh gfdgfg gfgfdg qw904df oi3589gnh opirugt90 u piortioerbju ioj fsfhuh

hope it help
awsome day to all
mo  :)

Aristobulo Gomez Florez

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 06:33:37 AM »

Quote from: mo
if you insert space evrey few charachters like in normal writing it will break the line inside the container.
try this:
sdsdads sasdasd sdhgyu6gh hjj hjhj78456 5hghg gfhgh gfdgfg gfgfdg qw904df oi3589gnh opirugt90 u piortioerbju ioj fsfhuh

hope it help
awsome day to all
mo  :)
I Know That, But What Hapens If Somebodymore Knows Abuot It An He Wana Use It To Fuck My Page, I dont Know If It Is A Security Bug Than Ca Be Explode Too, But For The Moment It Just Will Make Than My Coments Page See So Bad If He Use Several Lines Like It Or Than Someone Can Write A long URL Or Something Like That On My SIte.

Coud I Prevent It?

codetwist

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »

You can if You want.

For that You will have to write some php code that, for example, will chop up too long words with extra spaces when text is served for output.

Athanasios Oikonomou

• http://www.klaus.gr
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 11:14:33 AM »

Quote from: pandaboy
This Is Waht I Am Talking About

It Happens When I Use A Long Word Or Sucesion Of Caracteres Like: asdasdasjdklasjdlajlajdlajldajlkjalsdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk2kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkdasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddasddddddaadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
asdalksdlakdlaksdlaksdlakdalsdkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk2kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddadasdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddadssssssssssssssssssdasda

I Dont Know What Is This And Neither How To Fix It, Could You Help Me????
Hey pandaboy its not a bug its a feature!  :D But there is a fix, you should edit you style.css and in the bottom of
file you will find a this line
Code: [Select]
.comment { background: #eee; color: #808080; padding: 10px; margin: 0 0 10px 0; border-top: 1px solid #ccc; }just add the following  overflow: auto; before  } ... now line should look like this
.comment { background: #eee; color: #808080; padding: 10px; margin: 0 0 10px 0; border-top: 1px solid #ccc; overflow: auto; }Please tell us your results :)

Aristobulo Gomez Florez

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »

Thanks Man, It Was What I Was Talking About, The Overflow Property, Now I Can Control it.

I Was Reading About And I FOund This Iformation I hope Tha Can Be Usefull For Someone Else If Is Needed.

CSS overflow Property

The Overflow Property Sets What Happens If The Content Of An Element Overflow Its Area.

Syntax: overflow:value

Possible Values:

visible ==> Default. The content Is Not Clipped. It Renders Outside The Element

hidden ==> The Content Is Clipped, But The Browser Does Not Display A Scroll-Bar To See The Rest Of The Content

scroll ==> The Content Is Clipped, But The Browser Displays A Scroll-Bar To See The Rest Of The Content

auto ==> If The Content Is Clipped, The Browser Should Display A Scroll-Bar To See The Rest Of The Content

The Information Was Taken From Here

I Hope It Could Help To Someone else.

Anda Tanks Again Man

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 02:48:45 AM »

Quote from: athoik
Hey pandaboy its not a bug its a feature!  :D But there is a fix, you should edit you style.css and in the bottom of
file you will find a this line
.comment { background: #eee; color: #808080; padding: 10px; margin: 0 0 10px 0; border-top: 1px solid #ccc; }just add the following  overflow: auto; before  } ... now line should look like this
.comment { background: #eee; color: #808080; padding: 10px; margin: 0 0 10px 0; border-top: 1px solid #ccc; overflow: auto; }Please tell us your results :)
That's a nice little solution ;)
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future