Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XHTML 1.0 Transitional (Problem)  (Read 6243 times)

BuLe Bali

• A World Full of Doubts
XHTML 1.0 Transitional (Problem)
« on: March 29, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »

I got this while trying to validate my website.
Could you please let me know what wrong in the programming?

1st Error
Code: [Select]
Error Line 6 column 55: document type does not allow element "title" here.
.../yohanes.budilelono.web.id/" />A World Full of DoubtsThe element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
2nd Error
Line 48 column 17: there is no attribute "xmlns:dc".
  You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
3rd Error
Error Line 49 column 5: there is no attribute "href".
href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Text" rel="dc:type">workis
4th Error
Error Line 49 column 44: there is no attribute "rel".
href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Text" rel="dc:type">workis
I've been trying to find in the snews.php and index.php. But i can't seem to find the line suggested.
Where should i look and what to do?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
This world are full of doubts! No systems is secure. No systems!
@yohanesbule

slickopr1

• http://www.tricountyweb.com
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:05:24 AM »

In error #1 you have to titles coded. One before the base link and one after.

The other three errors look like you need to change the quotation mark that is high lighted in red. Just over type the quote or you just need to remove the code from that text.

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • Thread Moderator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »

can you provide a link to this file so we can have a look at your source code please
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future

Fred K

• sNews Dude
  • ULTIMATE member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 09:31:53 AM »

low man -- the problem is that you have both a hard coded and the snews generated <title> in the source code: <div class="quoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote">Quote from: source</div></div><blockquote class="bbc_standard_quote"><span style="color: red;" class="bbc_color"><title>A World Full of Doubts

A World Full of Doubts
Edit the index.php file by removing your hard coded tag. The snews function title(); will bring that line into the generated html source.

BuLe Bali

• A World Full of Doubts
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

Quote from: agentsmith
low man -- the problem is that you have both a hard coded and the snews generated <title> in the source code: <div class="quoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote">Quote from: source</div></div><blockquote class="bbc_alternate_quote"><span style="color: red;" class="bbc_color"><title>A World Full of Doubts

A World Full of Doubts
Edit the index.php file by removing your hard coded tag. The snews function title(); will bring that line into the generated html source.
Thx man.
It does works.

Could you help me with 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

Hehehe. Thx.
@yohanesbule

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »

2-3-4
href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Text" rel="dc:type">work

Why you need to link that word like that ? If you remove that SPAN (or style it differnetly, or atleast through CSS) and add a space between - word and is, you should be all set.
My sNews site
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated, online again - Free designs

BuLe Bali

• A World Full of Doubts
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »

Quote from: Patric
2-3-4
href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Text" rel="dc:type">work

Why you need to link that word like that ? If you remove that SPAN (or style it differnetly, or atleast through CSS) and add a space between - word and is, you should be all set.
Wekekeke.
Now i screw big time.
I just found out that the cause of the not valid XHTML is the creative commons license...
Erased them and i all done.

Set and... I GOT A BIG PROBLEMS!

The content of my site turn out to be in the sidebar instead of the main content columns.

Please help.
@yohanesbule

Fred K

• sNews Dude
  • ULTIMATE member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:41:50 PM »

The text is part of the CC 3.0 license, although it seems incorrect, or incomplete. I know it's the code provided by CC, however the previous license had that particular meta info wrapped in tags, since the meta info is XML and not readable by normal browsers (hence the valdiation error). Simple way around the validation problem is to delete the with the dc meta info and just use the html hyperlink provided in the license code. I think --though I'm not at all sure-- that to be able to use the meta info span as intended, you would have to serve your page as content-type application/xml (or possibly application/xhtml+xml). Only snag with using application/xml is that no "normal" browser will render a page with that content type... (e.g. IE, FF, Opera, Safari etc.)

Fred K

• sNews Dude
  • ULTIMATE member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:50:21 PM »

It seems you're missing the closing
tag for the header div. Try adding it and see if it fixes anything.

/*EDIT = You also have an unclosed
, directly after

Blogroll

. That missing
makes the sidebar unclosed which could cause problems since it seems to be floated right. The content div will inherit that alignment. So you have two-three div problems to sort out. */EDIT

/**EDIT 2 = low man, check your PM... **/EDIT

BuLe Bali

• A World Full of Doubts
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

Quote from: agentsmith
It seems you're missing the closing
tag for the header div. Try adding it and see if it fixes anything.

/*EDIT = You also have an unclosed
, directly after

Blogroll

. That missing
makes the sidebar unclosed which could cause problems since it seems to be floated right. The content div will inherit that alignment. So you have two-three div problems to sort out. */EDIT

/**EDIT 2 = low man, check your PM... **/EDIT
Done. Closed the blogroll
tag. That was the cause.
I cant seem to find the missing
closing in the header. Will try to check them out tuesday.
I'm also planning to get the header in flash. Just with the word of A World Full of Doubts moving around.
What do you think guys?

*checking PM*
@yohanesbule