Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Please remove irrelevant Bug-fixes  (Read 4051 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Please remove irrelevant Bug-fixes
« on: February 24, 2007, 04:43:39 PM »

When the latest download version on the sNews page has been changed... to include or supercede bug-fixes posted in this Forum... I believe it is important to delete the bug-fixes from here altogether... or (at least) update the posts here with a colored bold line that tells members that the bug-fix has been dealt with in the "release dated (month, day, year)". And... each time you do make changes like this... that you put the release date at the top of the snews.php file so we know what file came out after another. I say this because the snews.php file I downloaded a few days ago has No release date at the top... and it DOES NOT have the math captcha bug-fix added to it. The math captcha bug-fix should be added by now, and the bug-fix removed from here.  We need to eliminate confusion. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 03:09:28 AM »

...couldn't agree more Keys.. I know there are other priorities at the minute, but I was led to believe a 1.5.32 release was imminent with all the bugfixes etc added and corrected.. currently IMHO sNews reputation could be tarnished JUST A TINY LITTLE BIT because of the confusion in which patches/bug fixes have and have not been applied to the actual download.. not a ringing endorsement for people new to sNews.

Please note this post is in NOW WAY a criticism of sNews, the developers or anything else :)
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future

Mika

• http://www.ni5ni6.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »

Fixes posted here are not part of official download untill 1.5.32 is released - I would rather leave them be for a while. Besides, they're properly tagged with corresponding version...

Let's wait for the main man to speak his mind, shall we ;)
http://www.ni5ni6.com/ - Tutorials, Mods and How-To's about sNews CMS
sNews 1.6 Developers Edition - commented sNews 1.6 version

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 05:25:55 PM »

Quote from: Mika
Fixes posted here are not part of official download untill 1.5.32 is released - I would rather leave them be for a while. Besides, they're properly tagged with corresponding version...
Mika... I noticed your version tagging. I mean no offense to anyone... just trying to eliminate confusion. If the purpose of this Forum is to serve as a "holding place" for bug-fixes not yet included in the current distribution package... then that's OK with me. However, I do suggest that this be stated in the "Stickie... Guidelines..." topic post at the top of this Forum directory... or at the beginning of each bug-fix posted... so that we would know that. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU