Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [PACK] Internet Sharing template (sNews 1.5)  (Read 11843 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
[PACK] Internet Sharing template (sNews 1.5)
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:39:58 PM »

Internet Sharing Template with sNews 1.5.30. This is a fully-functional sNews 1.5.30 (stable) installation package, complete with Luka's Internet Sharing template. It also includes an .sql file to create your new database with the tables already populated with a set of test articles (with images), pages, extras, categories and comments. A docs folder is also included with an install.txt guide, and a readme.txt file outlining the many mods involved in porting this template to sNews.
You can download the Complete Zip now. Enjoy.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Chris

• http://nailsblog.com
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 08:47:17 PM »

Fantastic, I was currently working on this...but you definatley beat me to it...with more than I was going to offer. Great!
[left blank]

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:43:19 AM »

WOW this is brilliant keyrocks, many thanks for this!  :D
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 02:46:28 AM »

Yur welcome... now have some fun making up your own image-pack... making images to same sizes as those in the kit... to change the whole look of the site. Should be fun!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 04:03:43 PM »

I've been trolling for this one  :D

can't wait to change things upload it and start My Project, The HCPC. (Have Fun working that one out :p)

Thanks Keyrocks...Your name Rings True, Your Rock....s  :/

Datu Puti

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »

I got a unexpected parse error line 1905?
Regards from the beautiful 7000 Islands of the Philippines! Mabuhay!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:06:39 PM »

Quote from: ilocoskid
I got a unexpected parse error line 1905?
That... I assume... is the last line of the snews.php file... unless you've made some other modifications in it. If so... this message usually comes up when you have done some modding and you left an orphan curly-bracket in place somewhere or your are missing one. Best advice - change the name of your faulty snews.php file to XX_snews.php and copy the 'master' snews.php file into the site root, then compare the code of one with the other. At least the 'fresh' one will work... as long as you set the variables at the top correctly.

Datu Puti

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 12:28:19 AM »

I didn't do anything to the the snews.php file.. i downloaded the package and did a fresh install after everything was done i got the error..

Datu Puti

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 12:47:07 AM »

Weird.. in WAMP i get a parse error.. did the same exact thing in XAMPP and works like a charm.. sorry to bother keys.. thanks alot for this sweet package..

solidghost

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 05:29:46 AM »

Sorry newbie here, but what exactly does this do?

piXelatedEmpire

• MIA
  • ULTIMATE member
  • currently MIA
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 05:50:06 AM »

err, as suggested in the first post, this is a complete install with a few extras thrown in to get you started on your sNews website.
my apologies to the sNews crew, but I will be MIA for the forseeable future

Datu Puti

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 12:54:03 AM »

Sir Keyrocks,

I like the fact that you have added an Extra Extra function into the Internet Sharing mod you made available for download. I would love to have 3 or 4 extra extra functions also. Can this be done? Or even add an extra center function or 2 for multiple front page snews postings but along different subject lines. Is this possible? If so can you point me in the right direction? Maybe something along the lines of extra right content extra left content extra top content extra bottom content. Thnx alot!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 03:00:45 AM »

Sure - you can create as many extra functions as you want... within reason of course. I created the Extra_Right function by following These Good Instructions. You take these instructions, change the name consistently function & mod-wide... and choose another position number higher than 9. Each content position function must have its own number, higher than all the others.... so you can make up one with 10, 11, 12, 13, and so on. The function mod that DOM presented is basically a matter of cloning the existing extra function and all the little script strings that go with it throughout the snews.php file... and replicating them with the name and number change where required.

Before you start, you will need to understand how content is positioned in sNews. The position number is stored with the content in the articles table in the database, and this number is what makes it display where it should. Read the lower section of my original extra position mod for sNews 1.4... where the bold blue text starts... and then read Luka's post after that... and so on. These will help you understand what the position numbering is all about, and why the extra_right function is assigned position 9.

I would not attempt duplicating the center function though... far too much hassle.

Datu Puti

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 12:09:01 PM »

Great Keyrocks! I looked at your Modded snews.php and felt comfortable with attempting to make my extra duplicates. But when i saw the number 9 I got scared! Yikes! But now you have explained it well, and i understand it now.. thanks alot. I usually use Notepad++

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

A fantastic code editor in my opinion or am i out in the cold? Ha Ha Would using something like Zend studio

http://www.zend.com/company/zend_news/announcements/2006/12/zend_technologies_announces_zend_studio_5_5

be easier to do this than just a simple txt editor? Your insight is greatly welcomed.. thnx again!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 04:46:54 PM »

I have not used Notepad++. I started working with PHP a couple years ago by jumping right into the 'hot water', so-to-speak... working with phpNuke. I needed a good code editor and came across PHP Designer 2005, written by Michael Pham of Denmark. It is now available in a 2007 version... but I still use the 2005 version.

I was initially attracted to PHP Designer because it was free and works great in the Win XP environment... but I've chosen to stick with it because it is reliable and works with all main file formats - PHP, HTML/XHTML, CSS, XML and SQL. It does not inject any code automatically. It numbers the lines down the left side so you know where you are in a file. It highlights different parts of code strings in different colors to help you navigate easily through various parts of the code. It has great search and replace functions. And the interface is very clean... and takes up very little real estate on your screen. And, of course the latest version has more bells and whistles than you will ever need.
(end of the commercial)
Pages: [1] 2