Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Migration 1.5RC3 -> 1.5 stable  (Read 4587 times)

Manuel Pancorbo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Karma: 0
  • Posts: 72
Migration 1.5RC3 -> 1.5 stable
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »

Is it worthy?

I mean: I've started using 1.5RC3. I patched those bugs that affect my site, I added some mods, I modified some code to fit my needs... so I hesitate migrate to the "stable" version because I should redo every change I've made in RC3-version on the new "stable" file. Moreover, it has been reported some problem with database.

What's your suggestion and/or expertise about this matter?

TIA
Logged

codetwist

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: 50
  • Posts: 940
Migration 1.5RC3 -> 1.5 stable
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 10:13:49 PM »

Wait 'till stable is out and then plan and do the migration. Otherwise anything that will be fixed or added to stable production version later might not be usable for Your site without extra coding if at all.

I'm too playing around with RC and pre-release stable :) Thus slowly building up my mod pack for next project ... but before official production stable 1.5 sNews is no go for me.
Logged

Mika

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: 9
  • Posts: 1377
    • http://www.ni5ni6.com/
Migration 1.5RC3 -> 1.5 stable
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 06:35:57 AM »

In general I agree with bakercad; RC is beta and should be treated as such, but then again.. if you know what you're doing (regarding PHP), there's no reason why not use RC - just folow the bug post, update your code if needed and you'll be okay ;)
Logged
http://www.ni5ni6.com/ - Tutorials, Mods and How-To's about sNews CMS
sNews 1.6 Developers Edition - commented sNews 1.6 version

Manuel Pancorbo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Karma: 0
  • Posts: 72
Migration 1.5RC3 -> 1.5 stable
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »

OK, Thanks to all for the advises.

Provisionally I will kept on RC3, with an eye on the bug list. Well, I've alreadey corrected some of them.
Logged