Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: problem with apache  (Read 4757 times)

Eduardo

problem with apache
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:07:09 AM »

I have installed in my pc snews with apache and mysql and php but had an error 500 that no more if delete htaccess. Now i have that problem.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in C:\AppServ\www\camara2\news\snews.php on line 952

I need an urgent respose

Thanks

brauck

• http://www.hbw-webdesign.nl/
problem with apache
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 11:28:27 AM »

Hey Eduardo,

First of all welcome to our forum, have a nice stay here.

Regarding your sNews problem; sNews will not run without the .htaccess file. You have to give us more info about what version of sNews y're talking about, what server bundle you use on your local-machine (XAMPP, WAMP) and where your site folder is located.

This is not exactly my field, but more that of Keyrocks; so be patient a bit and he will drop by to help you.
Confidence is reduced complexity.
brauck.nl for free css templates

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
problem with apache
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »

And in the meantime on ecould go here: http://snews.ca/installs/install-xampp/ and read what Keyrocks first will tell you anyway's :)

And: Welcome to you, Ed... Hope you'll like it here.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Eduardo

problem with apache
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:53:39 PM »

Ok, i have install with appserv 2.5.7, Apache version 2.2, Mysql version 2.9.0.2 and php5, running all in windows XP profesional.
I havent problem for work with phpnuke, moodle, but i know that "sNews" need htaccess and need the directory with chmod in 777.
How can put in windows chmod 777, i know in linux server across ftp but i do not in my computer how localhost.
I have the database created, the name is "noticias"
Im running version sNews 1.5 RC3
When is the htaccess in the directory of snews give me error 500
if I remove htaccess give me the problem that put in the first post.
sNews are running in  C:\AppServ\www\camara2\news

Thanks
and sorry by my english, I live in Spain and born in Argentina
Bye

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
problem with apache
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 03:50:44 AM »

I haven't used Appserv but I have been using XAMPP  on XP for two years now (updated over time of course). I've also done a lot of work with phpnuke and several other php/mysql-based cms. When using Apache on an XP machine, there is no need to chmod any file or folder as we do on a linux host running Apache. And online with sNews, you only need to chmod folders that you would upload files to using the uploader function from the Admin  panel, nothing else.

I assume you are running your sNews installation within a directory called camara2 that is within your server root which is... in turn... www. In this case, the website variable (near the top of snews.php) should looke like:
$db['website'] = 'http://www.camara2/snews/';
And, in your .htaccess file, locate the line RewriteEngine On and, just underneath it... add this line:
RewriteBase /camara2/news
... and see if your site will now display.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU