Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1.4 testing2 + db prefix bugfix. +funny bug  (Read 13398 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
1.4 testing2 + db prefix bugfix. +funny bug
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »

yes - it works.
I'm a newbie today. Test-ran the MySQL version yesterday and could not get it functioning at all. So tested the textdb version today. I could not log in and got the same messages as experienced above by tigolo - mine were all "line 306 in snews-textdb.php". I narrowed down the location and cause on my own, and noted that my version of MySQL (offline server, xampp's phpMyAdmin) is 4.1.13, older than 4.3. Copied and pasted your patch as recommended and - Yes - it works fine. Log-in went fine. Will continue testing the textdb version then go back and re-run the MySQL version making the same patch.

Update on MySQL version: Well, I re-installed sNews14 and dbase tables (fresh). This is an offline installation on an XP machine running xampp's phpMyAdmin package version 2.6.3-pl1 with MySQL version 4.1.13 running on "localhost". All that was needed to get it running was to set the dbname, dbuname, and set website as http://locahost/sNews14. Left dbpass empty. Typed "http://localhost/sNews14/index.php" in the browser and the home page displayed just fine right off. Did not need to use the "hack" outlined above at all. Filled in a few articles, created a couple of new categories, uploaded an image - all works just fine.

Congratulations on creating such a clean, lean CMS.  :) I'm looking forward to exploring template designs from here!
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

George Antoniadis

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 01:50:51 AM »

This post was for the testing versions not the final ones hehe! :P

Welcome to snews and thank you for your kind words! ;)
Hope you enjoy your stay!
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 02:26:20 PM »

My apologies... if I posted to a string that should remain inactive. Knowing now that it's past the 'testing' phase, I will explore its usefulness with a little more zest. Thanks for your note.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU
Pages: 1 [2]