Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: migrate css from 1.4 to 1.5  (Read 3818 times)

Manuel Pancorbo

migrate css from 1.4 to 1.5
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:30:16 PM »

I've seen an interesting design devoted for sNews 1.4

What should I do to migrate it to 1.5? (only template, not DB).

TIA

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:45:33 PM »

Welcome...mp ;) Nice to have you around...

Well, first of all, most things in 1.4 CSS id classes (.name), they need to be changed to div's (#name) and then the class="name" in the index.php must be changed to id="name"... You'll have to compare the two CSS's with eachother and make appropriate changes... It's a slow but quite easy process, just be patient and save backups every time you think you've done a correct update ;)

You also need to make some additions to the CSS, as there are new functions that would need styling.

You could also ask the one who've made the template if he/she would mind transforming it for you... If you're not able yourself.

Patric.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Manuel Pancorbo

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 11:22:58 PM »

Quote from: Patric
Welcome...mp ;) Nice to have you around...
Thanks ;-)

Quote from: Patric
Well, first of all, most things in 1.4 CSS id classes (.name), they need to be changed to div's (#name) and then the class="name" in the index.php must be changed to id="name"... You'll have to compare the two CSS's with eachother and make appropriate changes... It's a slow but quite easy process, just be patient and save backups every time you think you've done a correct update ;)
Uhmm... let me see... In the simple template that comes within version 1.5, there are only few tags or classes under the banner "sNews". I suppose that only these are called from the script, and that the other style nuances are things like crude

, ... am I wrong?