Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [ADDON] Print Article (sNews 1.4 - 1.5)  (Read 10471 times)

codetwist

[ADDON] Print Article (sNews 1.4 - 1.5)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:31 AM »

There is no extra_right() function in snews 1.5.31. Instead of that use function extra().

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »

Quote from: right hosting
It's not working for me, there is parts missing for example there is no "extra_right" function?
Fatal error: Call to undefined function extra_right() ....
Could I just update the old SNews.php with replacing parts that have changed?
Nope, that wouldn't do... replacing old snews.php that is. You need to make changes in the DB and for safety reasons go all the way and update the whole shebang... What to do is mentioned in the downloadable read me file...

You should also be aware of the fact that there is a 1.5.41 in the "faggorna", hehe... meaning that 1.5.41 is in the works, and how close to release I don't know, but it is coming... to a theatre near you.
My sNews site
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated, online again - Free designs

right hosting

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »

ok I see, I might just wait for the next release then and update everything then...

mfaraklit

Re: [ADDON] Print Article (sNews 1.4 - 1.5)
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »

I installed this printit mod. But, whenever, i print, it shows " Sorry! There is no access to this file directly. You must follow a link. Please click your browser's back button." whereas i changed 'r' to 'rb'... Can you help me... Is this a server problem?!!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »

I installed this printit mod. But, whenever, i print, it shows " Sorry! There is no access to this file directly. You must follow a link. Please click your browser's back button." whereas i changed 'r' to 'rb'... Can you help me... Is this a server problem?!!

This is a very old mod and it was only done for sNews 1.4 and 1.5.
I've never tried it with a 1.6 or 1.7 package, so I have no idea of whether it would work or not on them, though it might with some careful modding.

Perhaps the problem you are experiencing might be because you missed something in how to use it... which might be because some code in the earlier posts on the first page of this thread was not visible (due to a compatibility issue when we moved our Forums from an older bulleting board system a couple years back). I've gone in and edited those posts so the code now shows... so go back and review the posts on the first page of this thread and see if this helps.  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:35:30 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 09:20:14 PM »

NOTE: This mod does work OK with sNews 1.7.

It DOES NOT WORK if you are just test-running it offline on your localhost environment (your computer).

I have it installed and working now (as verification) on a 1.7 Demo Here... just click the "Print Version" text link above the first article title. It works flawlessly for me when viewing it in IE7 (can't say for other browsers ATM).
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU
Pages: 1 [2]