Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Category/Article image  (Read 257 times)

walkie

• sNews lover <3
    • Jaded.dk
Category/Article image
« on: July 29, 2012, 09:14:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been searching the forum, but haven't been able to find what i'm looking for, so now i'm asking here :)

I wonder if there is a mod that makes it possible to add an image to category or article? I have found this http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php/topic,9217.0.html, but you should also have the possibility to upload and choose from a list of already uploaded pictures. Like this mod, but for version 1.7: http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php/topic,5148.0.html. Maybe it can be rewritten for 1.7 without any bigger problems :)

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks
-Morten

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
Re: Category/Article image
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »

Hi Morten. I think I know what you're after, it's one of the things that I wanted to add to the Article Image mod originally. In fact I'm working on a thing right now where that would come in handy. What needs to be done - I think - is to add an option list which pulls in function filelist(), limited to image types, right after the image field html_input; and then some trickery in admin.js to fill the image field with the image path/and-name.and-filetype you select from the option list.

Here's the but (and, yes, it's a BIG but...)
I haven't the faintest idea how to pull that off. At least not yet. But I'm looking at it.
It is a good idea though. ;)

walkie

• sNews lover <3
    • Jaded.dk
Re: Category/Article image
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »

Hi Fred :)
Thanks for you reply! I'm glad that i'm not the only one, seeing the benefit in a mod like that  ;)

Tomorrow I will try to work on an idea I have and you too have some great thoughts going on! I will definitely use your idea and work from there. Please let me know if you discover the next big thing - I will do likewise, when I have further information :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:14:23 AM by walkie »