Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: does highlight comment works with snews1.6?  (Read 418 times)

adminphp

• you must be a great snewser .
does highlight comment works with snews1.6?
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:40:22 AM »

does this mod (highlight comment) it works with Snews 1.6; http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php/topic,284.0.html
if yes, i had tried to achieve that but i couldn't find those lines.
  thanks, and have a nice day. ;)
“Fifty years of programming language research, and we end up with C++?”

adminphp

Re: does highlight comment works with snews1.6?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:43 AM »

come on Snewsers, which category you spent in it alot of time.
simple simple simple. needs for No or Yes if this last i'll move to the original thread.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »

You will not find any of those old code references in 1.6 or 1.7, not even 1.5.... as it was made for 1.4. That was posted before I came to sNews... so I know nothing of it. But I think somebody worked out a similar way of highlighting every second comment for 1.6 and maybe even for 1.7... you might need to look through all the mods and addons listed for 1.6 and maybe 1.6 if you can't find it with search.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:11:34 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

adminphp

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:26 AM »

You will not find any of those old code references in 1.6 or 1.7, not even 1.5.... as it was made for 1.4. That was posted before I came to sNews... so I know nothing of it. But I think somebody worked out a similar way of highlighting every second comment for 1.6 and maybe even for 1.7... you might need to look through all the mods and addons listed for 1.6 and maybe 1.6 if you can't find it with search.
@ key.
I checked all the addons and mods in both version, here is what i found, mr key.
http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php/topic,284.msg8466.html#msg8466
is it possible that function could change, in order to be compatible with the 1.6 version, just from my side, that function was created by MIKA, and i think its using what called diveding comment with different style div.
what about adding number to each comment ordered by query time, can we achieve that.
all these thing and addons and mods we discussed it here, it should and must be added in the official snews download, in order to have it to everyone. now the person who will download the snews versions he will find just some simple mods and i think until now 2012 I dont see any updates in the versions, several dudes had spoken to me about the reason why snewsers dont and didn't add all those stuffs in the snews.
key don't take this as it is from me, i just repeat what some said.. but even that snews is their best script the had installed, when i asked them.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:03:29 PM »

I've added a very basic mod for alternating background on comments for 1.6 Here - check it out.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:17:23 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU