Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Forum service interruptions  (Read 2233 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Forum service interruptions
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »

Your sNews Dudes Team apologizes for the down-time we experienced between July 15 and 16, 2011, and again over the weekend from Friday, July 22 to Monday morning, July 25.

I'd like to thank one of our sNews users - Jander (Netherlands) for taking the time to report the last interruption by sending me a Contact message through my snews.ca site.

In both cases, I contacted Luka and he was able to make the necessary repairs on the host server. It would appear that someone may have unauthorized access to the host server and has been removing specific files from the server, as missing files had to be replaced in both cases.

In future, we encourage any sNews user to contact one of the Dudes immediately. Using the contact form on snews.ca goes directly to me immediately and I will notify Luka immediately.

Thanks for your patience,
Doug
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:26:23 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Forum service interruptions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »

This website experienced down-time for an extended period of time within the last 32 hours. Service was restored about 5.5 hours ago by our webmaster and site owner, Luka Crvk. We apologize for the interruption of service. Thank you for your patience.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU