Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Contact form issue  (Read 3005 times)

alks

Contact form issue
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »

Having an issue with the contact form not sending messages. I am setting up a snews website on a different hosting provider than I use normally (no choice) and I cannot seam to get the contact form to work. I get an 'message not sent' message. Now I have tried my own php message script and this appears to work fine on this server - so it must be something to do with the snews contact form that the server doesn't like. I have tried adding a fifth argument to the contact form (trusted user) and have tried various other tweeks but no luck so far. I wondered if anyone else has any ideas on what might be causing this?

**edit**. I have had it working on another computer and once of my computer so there is something weird going on. I can only assume that the hosting account has some kind of restriction set up on it that causes this. Not a lot can be done I think.

**update** I am going to have to replace the standard snews contact function with my own contact form code as something weird is going on that I cant solve (yet). I might post my mod when I get it done.   

alks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:24:15 PM by alks »